(MT-11) Luna Muhlach

Days and weeks had passed and they went on like normal.

Liam didn't brought up the issue they had, what's the use of bringing it up when Agatha doesn't remember anything?

He doesn't know if it was a gift or a cursed that Agatha lost her memories.

In a way it was good because everyday it is as if they were starting anew, but it was also bad because they just stayed like that.

No improvement on the relationship whatsoever.

Minsan, he wanted to think that he is selfish for he wanted her kahit alam niyang hindi pa handa si Agatha, and she will never be ready.

He knows that too.

Their friends wanted him to move on. To find someone else and have a real relationship, but he cannot do that to himself.

Maybe it was true, the heart wants what it wants and he only wants her, but does she wants her too?

"Good morning Syete!" A gleeful Agatha greeted him that morning.

She's in a good mood.

"Good morning Mnemosyne!" He greeted her back, fighting the urge to kiss her good morning just to make sure she won't get confused this early.

It was a Saturday and he doesn't have to go to work today.

He fixes the table. He made them breakfast and watched as Agatha excitedly put food on her plate.

"Syete, do I have a boyfriend?" She suddenly asked and he almost choke on his toast.

"Why'd you asked?" He said avoiding her gaze.

"Eh diba, Iñigo and I are no longer together?" She asked and he nodded.

"Sooo feeling ko I have a boyfriend e, I wonder why I didn't write about him. Wala naman ibang tao sa mga summaries ko, pero......." Agatha paused for a while. She looks like she's thinking if she will continue or not.

"Pero?" He asked patiently.

"Promise me, you won't get mad?" She asked hesitantly and took all his willpower not to shake her because of anticipation on what she will say next.

Tumikhim naman si Agatha.

"Mnemosyne---"

"IthinkImpregnant."

He dropped his utensils in shock.

"Wh-what did you say?" He asked, her words still not sinking to his mind.

"I said, I think I'm pregnant. I found this in my room." She said and handed him a positive pregnancy test kit.

In shaking hands, he took it from her.

He doesn't know how to react.

Seems like, Agatha or the Agatha from last month decided to keep it from him.

"So ano nga? Ang hirap naman ng ganito, buntis ako tapos di ko kilala kung sino ang tatay, pero okay lang! I'm keeping the baby! Ang saya ko actually!" Agatha added, her eyes shining in happiness.

Para naman natauhan si Liam sa pagkakatulala.

He stands-up from his seat.

"After you eat we are going to the hospital Agatha." He said seriously despite the fact that he wanted to jump in happiness and tell her that he is the father, he doesn't want to ruin her mood.

"Okay, sure ka sasamahan mo ako? Wala ka bang lakad? Hindi ba magagalit yung girlfriend mo?" She innocently asked at kumunot naman ang noo niya.

Ano na naman pinagsasabi nito?

"I read it in your summary, you were in-love and that I shouldn't be too much paalaga sa'yo kasi baka mahirapan ka." She added casually.

So she totally changed his summary pala.

Mapait naman siyang napa ngiti.

"I'm sure the woman I love will understand why I'm doing this, isa pa what she don't know won't hurt her anyway." He said with double meaning, hoping that Agatha will catch on what he meant.

-----------

Agatha is nervous. She doesn't know but the idea of visiting her doctor gave her this feeling.

She have a feeling that she will find out more than her pregnancy from this visit.

One week. She only have one week before she can get to read her end of month record from the vault.

Whatever it was, she'll finally know what's the sense of this all.

To start everyday fresh and what it meant to her life.

"Agatha, Liam, what are you doing here?" Dra. Luna Muhlach, Liam's cousin and her doctor asked them when they entered her clinic. "Agatha's visit is not due until the end of the month pa." Luna added.

"We think she's pregnant, she found a positive PT in her bedroom this morning." Liam said at tila hindi naman nabigla si Luna.

"Well, congratulations to the both of you!" Luna suddenly said and Agatha turned to look at Liam.

"A-are y-you?" She asked and Liam nodded, answering her silent question.

Somehow, it was easy for her to accept that, that she and Liam are together, but why hasn't he said anything?

"Don't you want the baby Liam? Ayaw mo bang magkaanak sa akin?" She asked him straightforwadly.

"N-no! Why would you think that?!" Nagulat na tanong naman ni Liam, and before she can answer, Luna interjected.

"Liam, iwanan mo muna kami. Ako na ang bahala kay Agatha."

Walang nagawa si Liam kundi ang sumunod sa sinabi ni Luna.

"May alam ka ba sa mga nangyayari Luna?" She asked her not as her doctor but as her friend.

"Agatha, you are a week early para malaman ang lahat, but I suggest you read all of your letters and your journal pag uwi mo ng bahay. Ngayong alam na ni Liam, baka hindi mo na maituloy ang plano mo." Luna started pero lalo lang siyang nalito.

Bumuntong-hininga si Luna bago siya tinignan nitong muli.

"We discovered a cure for your condition but you need to go to Spain for that, and given your condition, kailangan maalagaan ka nila doon. Sabi mo ayaw mong malaman ni Liam dahil he might leave everything he have here just to be with you."

"Your condition is rare Agatha, it was something na sa pelikula lang nila nakikita, and the researchers are all willing to cure you. It's going to be a breakthrough in the medical field, and decision mo na lang ang hinihintay nila. You asked them to give you a month to think it through."
Luna finishes and she made a mental note to read her notes tonight.

"You have nothing to be scared of, Agatha, sasamahan naman kita sa Spain and I'm sure Liam will come with you too."

"Per ayaw ko siyang itigil ang buhay niya para sa akin Luna." She said as her eyes started to water.

"Bakit? Do you think his life will continue without you? Hindi Agatha. Masasaktan mo lang lalo siya."

"But he should! Kailangan niyang tanggapin yun! Sinabi mo that the operation is safe, pero paano kung hindi? Paano kung mawala ako? Paano siya? I think I know now why I am not mentioning anything about our relationship to my letters Luna. Yun ay dahil alam kong mahal na mahal niya ako and I have nothing to offer to him in return? Sinong tao ang deserve magmahal ng isang tao na pwedeng iwanan lang siya?" Mahabang paliwanag niya while her tears are now flowing down her cheeks.

Unconsciously she caressed her not yet visible baby bump then she stands up as door slammed open.

It was Liam.

He heard her.

"Ala-ala lang ang wala sa'yo Agatha, at naiintindihan kita, but do you think na ganyab kababaw ang pagmamahal ko sa'yo?" Liam told her and he kneeled in front of her crying.

"Please, Mnemosyne. Please give us a chance." He pleaded and all she can do is to hug his head that is leaning on her belly.

If he only knew just how much she wanted to, they wouldn't be in this situation.