(MT-14) Liam Sven Muhlach

The morning is quiet, unlike any other days Liam let himself to sleep in.

He didn't bother on setting an alarm to wake-up early to make sure that Agatha will have breakfast ready at the table.

He wanted to be the first person she will see once she opens her eyes.

So when he woke-up, he was surprised to see that Agatha is no longer beside him.

Where could she be? He mentally asked himself.

Maybe she's making breakfast, he answered himself too.

He suddenly felt a headache coming. He must've been stressed these past few days, but knowing who causes his stress is the same person who can make him happy, he ignored it and felt that the happiness in his heart was actually greater than any headache or stress that their situation caused.

He stands-up and decided to take a shower, he didn't bother to transfer to his room, he just pulled out a fresh robe from the closet.

After showering he went out of the bathroom, he was about to pick-up his discarded clothing from the floor when he noticed the papers on top of the table.

It was Agatha's letter to herself. The one she read once she wakes up.

It was open, meaning Agatha read them when she got up that morning.

Fear crept into his chest upon the realization.

Is her amnesia back that she had to read them over again? He mused to himself as he picks-up the letter.

It wasn't the same letter she was reading in the morning, it was a summary.

Liam Sven Muhlach

Out of all the people you have in your life right now, Liam perhaps is the hardest one to introduce in your new life, or your new normal as what your friends use to say.

Sure you are already aware that you are living with him, that his family took you in again after the accident right?

What you don't know and what I didn't write on our letter iand his summary is that, you and Liam are in-love with each other.

You love him and he loves you.

You have shared something special with him but you will mever write about it in your daily journal.

This is going to be your only proof that there is something going on between you two, and you are only allowed to read this every end of the month so you will remember but do not allow Liam to know that you know.

We will just hurt him more if he does. Dahil iiwanan mo lang din naman siya Agatha.

Liam had sacrificed enough for you. Je even let go of his dreams because he loves you so much.

Now, it is time for you to sacrifice for him as well.

You have to do everything to make sure that he'll be happy, that he will get to make his dreams come true.

Do this not only for Liam but for Katie too.

Katie doesn't deserve to have a family as dysfunctional as what you have.

She deserves a mother who doesn't even remember her, and Liam doesn't deserve a love from someone incomplete.

They both deserve love that will complete them, not a love that needs to be filled in everyday.

As much as it would hurt you Agatha, you have to let them both go.

Love is not selfish Agatha.

Once you read this letter, lock it inside the vault and take a note on the first letter of the month to read this by the end of the month.

This is going to be your reminder, to love Liam at the best of your ability even if it would mean that you cannot allow yourself to love him freely.

You are not allowed to imprison him with your love.

-------

As Liam finishes reading his alternate summary, his tears fell.

He now understands why Agatha is not writing anything about their relationship.

All this time, he thought that he was the only one who is doing all the sacrifices not knowing that Agatha had sacrificed more to make sure that he will be happy.

Maybe, he had failed to make Agatha feels that she is her happiness.

That he is even willing to trade places with her to make sure that Agatha doesn't have to feel like there is something missing from her.

He carefully folded the letter and went out of the room.

He was half expecting that Agatha is making their breakfast and half expecting that she ran away.

He just hopes that it is the former and not the latter.

"Mnemosyne?" He  called out when he reached the stairs.

He first checked the kitchen and she's not in there.

He felt nervous and he frantically searched the house.

"Agatha!" He shouted this time when she's not in the living room nor their office either.

"Agatha!" He whispered as his tears are now threatening to fall.

He pulled out his phone to call her, but her phone is out of reach.

He heard laughter outside that seems like coming from the pool area, he hurriedly went there, silently praying that she's there.

"Ssshhh! Be quiet!" He heard someone whispering and his tears fell at the sight before him.

At the garden, Katie is sitting prettily on the chair making smiley faces on her pancake while Agatha is doing the same.

"Mnemosyne!" He called and Agatha looks at him with a smile on her face, she stands-up to go to him but she was beated by Katie.

"Good morning Daddy!" The little girl greeted him at nagpa buhat sa kanya.

"Good morning Angel!" He greeted his daughter back and kisses her on the forehead, tinitigan naman siya nito.

"Daddy? Why are you crying? Mommy fetched me kanina, sabi niya she's not sick na daw, why are you still sad?" The girl innocently asked when finally, Agatha reached them.

"Daddy is not sad Katie, I'm just so happy!" He answered while looking at Agatha.

"Hmmp! Happy but crying? You are so complicated Daddy!" The little girl answered at nagpa baba na sa kanya, that gave him a chance to pull Agatha to him.

"I thought you ran away again." He whispered in her ear as she hugs him.

"No! Sinundo ko lang si Katie, I'm planning to surprise you with breakfast akala ko kasi, mamaya ka pa magigising. You slept late, pinanuod mo lang ata ako matulog kagabi e!" She said as she guided him to sit down.

"Natakot kasi ako, baka panaginip lang lahat." He said intensely and Agatha squeezes his hand.

"If this is just a dream Syete, then let's stay here. Let's stay dreaming." She said and Liam couldn't agree more.

To hell with the real world, he's going to be happy! If this is a dreaming, he wouldn't want to wake-up.