Cafeteria Chatter

Pikesboro, Delaware

Lindsey was at Pikesboro High School, and she was in Study Hall. Her stomach growled, as if it was telling her she needed food. She barely could get any of her homework done. It was difficult to concentrate on an empty stomach. The bell rang, and it was now time for lunch.

Lindsey walked towards the cafeteria, and got in the lunch line. Sloppy Joes were on the menu. She got her tray, and a carton of chocolate milk. She sat down next to her friends, Amy, and Roger.

"Hi, Lindsey!" said Amy, drinking her chocolate milk.

Hi, Amy!" Lindsey exclaimed, taking a bite of her Sloppy Joe. "Hi, Roger!"

"How's it going?" replied Roger, eating his Sloppy Joe.

"Pretty good! I heard something about a dead alligator in Lewes! He was on someone's lawn!"

"Holy cheesecake!" Amy gasped. "How did he die though?"

"Darned if I know," shrugged Lindsey.

"Since when were alligators primitive here in Delaware?" asked Roger, finishing his Sloppy Joe.

"Who knows?" Lindsey shrugged again.

This story was written on Friday, September 1st, 2023.

A/N Lively cafeteria chatter going on! The food is also delicious! *in line getting my tray and sits down somewhere in the cafeteria, hearing the chatter of lots of students* 😋😋😋😋😋 Don't be a silent reader. Please leave feedback. Thanks.