11

"Damn how much did you get."

"I got my food and your drink and I got a sandwich for Soph."

"Thank youuuuu."

She took her drink and ran over to the bleachers like a little kid. I gave Soph her sandwich and she grabbed my face aggressively kissing my forehead and screaming I love you.

"Jackie I need to talk to you."

"Okay what's up?"

"Locker rooms."

We walked in and half of the basketball team was just standing around talking.

"Get out."

A few of them muttered stuff under their breath but they all eventually got out.

"Mila what is it."

"When was the last time you ate?"

"Lunch?"

"Jackie. I thought we fixed this. You we're doing so fucking good what happened?"

"Can we not do this."

"No we're going to do this and find out a way to fix it now honestly when was the last time you ate?"

"Friday I had a few bites of pasta and Sunday I had some fruit."

"Jesus, why aren't you eating?"

"My sisters need it more. I'm not stupid I know I need food but my dad left, mom comes home once a week to bring us food and we're barely making it last."

"Okay we're going to make this easy. My mom and grandma never know how much food to make so tonight I'm gonna make some stuff you can freeze and reheat and then when you run out of if you don't have food either come over or text me and I will bring you something."

"I do-"

"Jackie you know I see the whole team as family, I'm helping weather you like it or not now eat as much of these fries as you can and go stretch."

"Whatever." She said snatching the fries and walking out.

_______

"Everyone shut up... dance team, on Friday we are having a all nighter here cause I've sucked at being captain and y'all suck at remembering choreo. If you need to bring younger siblings or kids you can just please come or I will show up to every single one of your houses and drag you out."

"Sir yes sir." Briar mumbled as she put her last fri in her mouth.

"I'll kill you."

"Is that a threat?"

"Nope, it's a promise." I said with a sweet smile.

"Ohh so she's crazy too, makes sense." One of her girls Mackenzie said looking between us.

We both flipped her off and she just laughed.

"Hm you talked a big game last night."

"I know I can beat you."

"Prove it." She said tossing the ball to me.

Everyone moved off the court as they watched our interaction. We played for twenty minutes, I made it in seven times and she made three cause I blocked most of them.

"Damn can she be on the team?"

"Nope I can't leave dance and I only really play with my brothers now." I said realizing we will never get to have a sibling basketball game together again.

"Can we have the court for a little I need to see our routine so far and see how much they fuck up."

"Yeah, my people bleachers."