.+*Short Story Results*+.

Judged by RookWri78

Thank you so much for taking the time to judge!

7. Short Stories by swati_writes

 Judged the first story - Lawyers in Love (the entry submitted is a short story collection).

 Score: 4The story of two lawyers with opposite personalities falling in love is nice, but I wished to see the characters. I mean to say, see Samantha and Ethan actually fight and not get along, then slowly starting to realize the other's true intentions, so on up to the point they fall for each other. I know this is a short story, but I didn't get to bond with the plot or the characters.

 6. Pyaar Ki Yeh Kahani Suno by Scintillio16

 Score: 6.5

 I felt really bad for Vaishali and Ritwik in this story. I like how you've shed light on the terrible effects of misunderstanding in a relationship. It was also nice to see the supporting characters shine a bit as well, despite this story being about 5000 words. I did get clueless about what was happening at some points, as I either didn't know where they were (first scene) or I didn't know who spoke which dialogue. But overall, it was a good read. 

 5. Echo In The Wind by strawberry1d

Score: 6.5

In the beginning, I really thought this story was going to be in Jungkook's POV, from the title, cover, blurb and the first few chapters. But now I strongly believe this is Iseul's and Yoona's story. I'm not saying to remove Jungkook, since he's important too...but I feel our female protagonists deserve the spotlight for what they've faced in their lives (and beyond). Also, this story feels more of a novella than a short story...so I think focussing the POV on Iseul and Yoona would solve the problem.

4. The Final Man by MaxFrench7

 Score: 7.5

 I would've never left the facility if I were the Final Man...and either would have gone crazy or discovered what in the world the scientists have planned....because this story kind of creeped me out. It was nice to see the Final Man to suddenly appear in a world where he's not the only human, and I 'm really curious whether he's still stuck in a loop of simulations or out in the real world. One thing I wanted to suggest...I wish I knew something of the Final Man. Either his name, or a bit of his past or something I can relate to/bond with/which makes me want to root for him. Then the story would be more engaging. 

 🥉 ROTTEN To The Core by BellOfSilence

 Score: 8.5

 I've read quite a few myth retellings, and this one is going to be the most memorable because of its awesome ending. I'm not going to reveal much here, but I enjoyed the story. I loathed almost every single character, and honestly I was going to give up by Chapter 7. But I'm glad I stuck through, because the ending is worth it.I have one more thing to note. I did get confused in Chapters 1 & 2, because several words were used for Mairwen (girl, princess, Snow White) and Rhiannon (queen). For a second I thought there were four characters, and I didn't realize it was just two until I visited the characters chapter. I think it's best to stick to their names, as you've introduced them well in the prologue. 

 🥈 A Heart of Snow by avadel

 Score: 9.5I didn't expect to come across another Snow White retelling, and yet here we are.I'm speechless. I didn't expect...let's not spoil it to the potential readers. The title clearly justifies our main protagonist here. The narrative was compelling...and can I get a tissue? This story was heart-breaking, man. (You've nailed the art of stirring the emotions and theme of 'A Heart of Snow' in the reader).

🥇 Messummer by CroodsGirl

 Score: 10 

Qutzalcoatlus + Teenage Boy from the future in an almost apocalyptic Mesozoic era? Count me in! This story's been an epic ride, with unforgettable characters and fascinating world-building (and tech ;)). It's again quite emotional in the end, and I didn't see that twist coming. Gosh, this too made me cry in the end. (Why do such things have to happen?)  

Congratulations everyone!