Chapter 20

Thank you guys so much for answering the question from the previous episode! It was a lot of fun reading some of your explanations for who you wanted and why! And I'mma be honest, that did NOT go how I expected. I expected it to be two answers, no more. Slenda and Smiley. While, that was basically true, with Slenda having 11 votes, and Smiley having 9, people did vote for others too! And the biggest surprise is that Benny, someone who I am only just starting to develop got more votes than Jess.

As you guys can Guess, Slenda won the vote. Who would have guessed?

This question will not come into effect this chapter, or the next, as they've been planned and written before I asked that question. So, this chapter, and a few more after this, will be mostly character-building before we get into the romance part of the story. I still feel it's far too early for that.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

Also, sorry for the wait on this chapter...
I had gotten completely absorbed in writting my other books, and was hoping to get a chapter out by the end of January. I don't see that happening any longer as I think I want to release the first half of Book 1 all at once. It'll make it more fun to read.
And when I started writing this chapter, it ballooned into something else, getting longer and longer the more I wrote it. I planned on it being only 5,000 words. As you can tell, it is much longer than that. That's why I had to spit it into two parts.
Next chapter won't take three months, I think. I hope you enjoy this chapter anyway.

__________________

I feel so warm. It's so nice.

But why? Even though I'm warm, it's so dark. I can't feel my body. Am I alive? Yes, of course, I am. I can still hear. What is that sound? Voices? Maybe, but they sound so distant and... Muffled? Like I'm underwater.
It smells so nice... Like vanilla. And a bakery. I can't help but want to take in a deep breath.

..

H̴̡͚͎͚̩̻̳̼̽̓̿͘̕a̴̩̰͚̜͂̿̈́h̵͍͈̳̲͍̥͎̪̖͉͊̔̄͋̄̈́̚ä̷̱̠͎̦͍̟̩̠̜͍̗̩́̈́̓̔̿̈́́̈́͒͆̏̎̌̇̒̕͜h̶̛͙̥͙̲̫̥̦͐̉̂̽̍̓̀̉͒̑̕͜͝͠ȧ̴̧̭̦͓̙̺̝̤̫̳̦̟͖͚̬̽̒̊̆̅̊̓̀̋̂

.

Was that laughter? It was so muffled, but It sounded like my voice. I can feel my heart starting to flutter. I feel nervous, but not in a bad way. I'm starting to see light. Like the end of a tunnel. It's so far away. But getting closer gradually.

I can feel my body now. I've been walking. My knees feel tired and my feet hurt. Like I've been walking for days. As the light gets closer, the sound and voices become clear. I can hear the voices of Jess and Slenda. Maybe Zalga too. I can't fully tell. The only clear one was my own. I don't feel like I'm talking, why can I hear myself?

The light is so close, I can almost touch it. Every time I reach out, it gets further away. I see a waterfall. It's so beautiful. I want to get closer. I want to be there.

"I'm so glad you're here, Y/n. You make everything so much brighter." Slenda said.

Wait, they're talking about me?

"It's nice to finally have a person I can rely on. I can finally talk to someone about my problems and not be judged."

Of course, Jess. I'm always here for you. Whenever you need me. I love talking to you.

"It's funny, I always thought you would be a burden. Didn't think you would survive a night. I'm grateful I was wrong." The many voices of Zalga spoke.

I'm sorry I can't be better. I wish I could be good enough.