Chapter 11

Here's Sophia

Here's Sophia

"So, you're actually from Medieval times?" I asked, looking over at the knight in shining armor. 

With a nod, she responded,

"Yes, I was the first female knight to serve directly under the king. I'm over six hundred years old." 

"How? Are you some sort of... Demihuman?" I requested, intrigued. 

She shook her head, a slight giggle escaping her.

"Well, not really. I found a pond of life in my early days of being a knight. I wanted to tell everyone where it was so we could live forever, but it claimed I was the only one with a pure enough soul, and it made it to where I never aged. Once it was finished with me, the pond disappeared." 

"Hm." I hummed. "So, how old were you when you found the pond?" I asked.

"26." 

I nodded.

"How'd you end up here?" I asked.

Sophia let out a sigh. I could tell she was saddened as she had to think about it. I feel bad for asking now.

"I got called out for being a witch, so I had to run. I was hunted, and Slenda found me and took me in. I was one of her first proxies."

"Would you mind telling me the story? If not, I understand." 

She shook her head.

"I'm sorry, sire, but I really don't want to get into it right now. Maybe another time." She told me in a hurt tone.

She stopped and sighed again, looking away. I put my hand on her shoulder. She looked down at me. I can't see her face or anything about her, for that matter, but I can still tell she's hurt. I mean, can you blame her? From what I see by the way she acts, she is a very loyal knight. She tried so hard just to get abandoned and hunted. I gave her a warm smile and said,

"It's okay, I completely understand. I am in the same boat as you when it comes to that." 

"Thank you, I promise I will tell you more about my past one day." She promised.

"And I will tell you mine as well."

"I would love that." She said.

"Come on, let's go home." I spoke, waving my arm for her to follow.

As we walked down the forest path, making our way back to the mansion, we both watched the area, listening to the forest. The wonderful sound of singing birds, and the wind blowing past the leaves, which gives a cool breeze. It was already a little chilly outside, but the wind made it even better. Off in the distance, I saw something that caught my eye. I put my arm in front of Sophia and crouched down. Sophia crouched beside me.

"What's the matter?" she asked me.

I pointed over at a clearing in the brush. There was a family of whitetail deer, four adults, two children.  The children were eating as two adults kept an eye out.