Chapter 8

Once everyone had finally finished eating dinner, I stood up from the table and walked over to the sink before beginning to wash my hands, getting ready to wash the dishes.

Slenda walked over to me.

"What are you doing, Y/n?" She asked me.

I looked up at her and answered,

"Getting ready to do the dishes."

She smiled.

"I appreciate that you want to help, but I've got this." She said.

"Are you sure? I really don't mind."

Her smile grew.

"I'm sure." She said with a chuckle. "Smiley needs you anyway. She's waiting for you by the stairs." Slenda told me.

Oh yeah, Smiley wanted to do something. I forgot.

"Alright." I sighed, drying off my hands.

She rested her hand on my shoulder.

"Next time if you'd like." She said.

I nodded for a response.

She took her hand away from my shoulder.

"If you need any help, get me." I told her before walking away.

I walked out of the kitchen and noticed everyone sitting on the couches. Yep, I knew they were big enough to sit three large families' worth of people.

I noticed Smiley standing by the stairs as she waved me her way. So, I walked over to her.

"Are you ready?" She asked me.

I responded by nodding.

"Yes, ma'am."

She walked into the hospital room, and me following. Smiley closed the door behind us.

"Sit on the bed, please." She instructed me.

I did as asked and sat on the oddly comfortable bed. It wasn't this comfortable last time.

I notice her grab a bottle of something. It was clear, like water.

"Have you ever had a massage before?" She asked me.

I thought for a second.

A memory then popped into my head.

"Yeah! When I was in 7'th grade, my crush gave me one. I used to give them all the time, though." I said.

"Oh?" She sounded, resting against the bed. "What was she like?" She asked.

I thought for a second as a smile grew on my face.

"Well, she was really smart and kind. She had this aura about her. Like someone who could be trusted with anything." I said.

Smiley nodded, listening intently.

"And to others, she might not have been that attractive, but there was just something about her. She had gorgeous muddy brown eyes that her glasses complimented. For some reason, she always wore her hair in a ponytail." I explained.

"What was her name?" Smiley asked.

"Emma." I answered.

"Did you ever get to tell her how you felt?" Smiley asked.

I shook my head.

"I may have had a huge crush on her, but since we were so close, I never wanted to make things weird between us." I answered.

"I can understand that." She said.

"Can you please take off your shirt and lay on your stomach?" She requested.