𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐎𝐍𝐄: 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐍𝐒

Dear Diary? Journal? Whatever you wanna call this

Dear Diary? Journal? Whatever you wanna call this. It's officially summer, and I've got all the time in the world to completely neglect this assignment Dr. Brooks gave me.

After all, I don't need some random dude who needs therapy himself, telling me how to feel. My parents constantly nag at me for that.

I think they're surprised I haven't turned to alcohol or drugs to cope yet. Anyway, Lindsey, (god love her) is dragging me to the annual bonfire party tonight, I don't want to go.

I explicitly told her so. But she says I need to: 'chill' and 'find someone who isn't a 95 pound golden retriever' to talk to, jokes on her, Sam is 94 pounds.

I have no clue what she thinks my introverted ass wants to do except stay home and watch The Bachelor. Can't a guy just make fun of whoever thought that show was a good idea in peace?

"Matt! Lindsey's here!" He heard his mother yell from downstairs, the teen sighed, before shutting his journal, and hiding it in his bedside drawer.

"Coming!" He grabbed his phone and keys, then left, descending down the steps.

Lindsey greeted him, her award winning smile plastered on her face. "Hey bestie."

Matt shook his head, chuckling to himself. "Hey bestie."

Isla looked towards her son, "Be back before midnight please. Oh and have fun sweetheart."

Receiving a kiss on his forehead, Matt sighed internally, his mom tended to get too helecoptery, "I will Mom, and I'll try."

Lindsey rested her arm on his shoulder, "Don't worry Mrs. Walsh, I'll take care of him."

Not wanting to continue being pestered, the two teens exited the house, Lindsey was practically buzzing with excitement.

She really wanted to get him out of the house, "I'm not some sheltered hermit Linds."

Lindsey laughed, "Dude, you were planning on watching The Bachelor, eating lucky charms, and hanging out with your dog. I hardly call that an eventful night."

"Okay, and? Sam enjoys watching TB with me. Plus it's better than getting wasted at a bonfire with other underage teenagers."

"One, we're not getting drunk, and two we're gonna have fun. I promise."

He emphasized, "You're gonna have fun. Meanwhile I'm being held against my will." Lindsey scoffed at his dramatics.

But the two climbed into Lindsey's Volkswagen Beetle and drove off towards the beach. Matt leaned his head on his hand, resting against the car door.

Watching the sunset bleed into beautiful red and orange hues. It was pretty, that was the best part of living in Cousins, the beauty of nature.

Cities were cool too, but chaotic at times, so to be able to take a step back and really see what this town had to offer made it its own little paradise. Although the parties filled with rich kids acting like entitled snobs were a con.