𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍: 𝐁𝐄 𝐎𝐔𝐑 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐓

Dear Journal, it's the night before the debutante ball, and I'm beyond nervous

Dear Journal, it's the night before the debutante ball, and I'm beyond nervous. Like I think I might throw up, that's how freaked out I am.

It also doesn't help that I found out Jeremiah and Belly kissed almost two weeks ago. Yeah, had to act cool when that bomb was dropped.

He said they aren't dating but are taking it slow, so the hope I had that maybe he liked me has crashed and burned. It's not like I have a massive crush on him.

But with the flirting, my naive ass thought it meant something. I was wrong, as always. Guess the universe just wants me to be miserable.

And even though this means I'll forever be in the friend zone, at least I have another friend and potential friends. To top it all off, Lindsey had a shitty night the other day.

Some drama went down and her "friends" (using the term loosely) ditched her. After they went skinny dipping, luckily, they were decent enough to leave her things.

But they took Belly's and Taylor's (the girls she was with.) stuff, Lindsey's beyond pissed at Nicole and Gigi. I have a feeling she's going to call them out tomorrow night.

I can't say that I blame her, besides all of that, I just want this night to be perfect for her. I've been practicing nonstop on my dancing, and I'm kind of excited for our parents to watch.

Anyway, it's midnight and I'll need all the sleep I can get. So wish me luck.

Matt set his journal aside, making sure the right alarm was set, and drifted off to sleep. Morning came and he got dressed, there would be no distractions today.

He had to eat breakfast, go with his dad to pick up his tux, and coast for the rest of the day. Before heading to the country club, and rehearsing the group dance.

Matt went downstairs to the kitchen, grabbing a box of cinnamon toast crunch, milk, and a bowel. His dad sipping on his usual coffee. "Ready for tonight kiddo?" He asked.

"Yeah, a little nervous though." The teen answered honestly.

Daniel waved him off, "You'll do great Matt, you've been practicing for months."

Matt gave him a small smile, "Thanks Dad."

The older man took a sip of his coffee, "Alright, finish your cereal and we can go pick up your tux."

Matt hummed in acknowledgement and finished his breakfast, then the two of them drove to the tux rental place. They picked up his outfit and took it back to the house.

He went up to his room, hearing a familiar ring tone, Lindsey was FaceTiming him. He answered, "Hey bestie."

Lindsey smiled, "Hey bestie, say hi to Abuela." The girl panned the phone over to the woman who gasped excitedly.