𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄: 𝐃𝐀𝐍𝐂𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐄𝐁𝐒

Dear Journal, today's the day, I'm getting ready to leave for my dance lessons with Lindsey

Dear Journal, today's the day, I'm getting ready to leave for my dance lessons with Lindsey. But I wanted to write my entry before I go.

To be honest, I'm really nervous. I've never done something on this scale before. It's terrifying, the only good thing is that Lindsey will be there.

She's the only person I know there, sure I met some of her fellow debutants, but that isn't the point.

I don't want to make myself or her look like fools, because some middle class kid was in way over his head. So wish me luck, and hopefully I don't fail lol.

Though, I am happy to announce that Jeremiah is coming over to meet Sam. This is the first time I've had a friend who isn't Lindsey over to my house.

We're going to hang out at my house after I'm done with dance class and his shift at the pool. I know for a fact that he'll love Sam, cause who wouldn't?

I've got five minutes til Lindsey is here honking her horn. So I'll write an entry later when life gets interesting.

Matt set his journal down, rushing out of his room downstairs, he ran out the front door, locking it. He fixed the collar of his shirt and waited for Lindsey.

He heard the beeping of her horn and jumped up, walking over to the side door and climbed into the car. Lindsey greeted him, "Hey bestie, you ready?"

"Reluctantly, yes. If I step on your feet I apologize in advance." Matt replied.

Lindsey laughed, "I accept your apology, but you'll do great, have faith in yourself Matt."

"To quote ColdPlay: 'When you try your best but you don't succeed.'"

Lindsey rolled her eyes playfully, "Dramatic much?"

Matt gave her the side eye, "You're just as dramatic as me."

Lindsey gasped, "Am not!"

Matt crossed his arms, "Really? So if I told you Jeremiah called me Matty and that we're hanging out today, you wouldn't combust?"

Lindsey whipped her head, "Holy shit he did?!"

"Yeah." Matt said plainly.

"What did you say back?" She asked.

Once they were parked Matt unbuckled his seatbelt. "I didn't say anything, cause I went to sleep."

Lindsey exclaimed, "Oh my god Matt, you're hopeless!"

Matt shook his head, "You're literally proving my point."

The two got out of the car and made their way towards the country club. Climbing up the stairs to the dance hall. "Did you like him calling you that?"

Matt blushed, "No one's ever called me Matty. So it's... new, but I like it."

"Sounds like you're starting to fall for him." Lindsey suggested.