𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄: 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐓

Dear Journal, the past few days have been really interesting, I guess I've been stepping more outside my comfort zone

Dear Journal, the past few days have been really interesting, I guess I've been stepping more outside my comfort zone. Though very reluctantly.

I went to my first party, made a friend, and had a good time. I think for the first time since, well...

This summer is going to be different, and I'm wondering if maybe I'll be happy? It's been a while.

Everyone's been worried, my parents, Lindsey. Hell, my counselor was freaking out a few days before school ended.

So I hope it'll be a good two months before I go back. If not, then it'll be a bummer like the last year has been.

Either way, I won't get my hopes up, it's good to just expect disappointment. That's a lot easier than getting hurt.

Matt sighed, today would be a chill one, his parents were at work, and he and Sam were chilling in his bed watching Supernatural. "Oh Cas, you angel, you." He said wistfully.

Sam huffed at the screen aware and paying attention, Matt glanced down at the fur ball laying in his lap. "I know right, he's adorable."

But that's when he heard the doorbell ring, just as it was getting to the good part too. "Alright Sammy, let's see who it is." The two boys got up, heading downstairs to the front door.

He opened it to be greeted by Lindsey, she wore an annoyed expression, her arms crossed. In that moment emulating his mother to a T. "Did you see my texts?" She asked.

Knowing he did, but 'forgot' to reply back, "Yeah, I did, but I forgot to tell you I didn't want to go out tonight."

She stepped inside, regardless of being invited, "Seriously dude, why not?"

Matt ran a hand through his tousled curls, "I'm not in the mood Linds, besides we just went to the bonfire."

"That was a week ago! C'mon Matt, please?" She pleaded.

Matt followed her further inside the house, "Lindsey I wanna stay in. My social battery is drained."

"That's the most sorry ass excuse I've heard from you in a while." Lindsey admitted.

"I'm serious, you already know parties aren't my scene." Matt replied.

"But you had fun at the bonfire, you made a new friend. Listen, this is the last one, after that, no more parties for you." Matt seemed unconvinced.

He gave her a pointed look, "What's in it for me?"

Lindsey smirked, "The fact that Jeremiah's gonna be there."

'Oh she's good' Matt sighed, "Fine. But this is the last one or I swear to god Lindsey."

Lindsey pumped up her fist in victory and dragged Matt up the stairs for a clothing montage.