𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑: 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐎𝐅 𝐃𝐄𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐈𝐎𝐍

(Warning: topics of suicide is officially at play. If you can't read this, then don't. I don't want y'all to be upset.)

Dear Journal, it's the Fourth of July weekend, long story short, I hate this holiday

Dear Journal, it's the Fourth of July weekend, long story short, I hate this holiday. I have my reasons, which I knew I'd have to delve into sooner or later.

By tomorrow it'll have been a year since Cath died, last Fourth of July was the last happy holiday we spent as a family.

She was my best friend, the one who truly knew me better than myself. And ever since she died, nothing seemed worth it.

My mom and dad almost got divorced, I barely left my room. Waking up every day got harder and harder the more I had to do it.

Lindsey tried her best, but I just couldn't do it anymore. Then my parents put me into therapy. And here we are, I doubt the pain will ever subside.

But at least I'm able to get up and do something with my day. It's hard, but I know she wouldn't want me to stop living.

I miss you Cath, so damn much, and I love you.

Matt set his journal aside, as his phone rang. He picked it up, smiling shortly, it was Lindsey. "Hey bestie." He greeted.

"Hi bestie, how're you doing?" She asked.

Sam jumped up and nuzzled his head onto Matt's lap, "I'm as okay as I can be, you know about today and tomorrow."

Lindsey's tone softened, "Yeah, I wish I could be with you. But I'm at my grandparents house."

Matt petted Sam's ear, "Tell abuela and abuelo I say hello."

"I will, and when I get back, we can do something. I'll even see if abuela will let me take you some leftovers."

"Okay, well, I don't want to get you in trouble. So I'll see you later."

Lindsey couldn't wait til she got back home. "Definitely, bye Matt, take care of yourself."

"I'll be fine, bye Linds." Matt hung up the phone and sighed, today was going to be difficult. But he didn't expect anything less.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The call ended and Lindsey closed her phone turning to her abuela. The aroma of delicious scents of spices filled the room.

She was mixing them into the carnita molé. One of her favorites. "Who were you on the phone with?" Mariana asked.

"Matt. Today's not the best. He says hello by the way." Lindsey replied.

"Oh Matthew, I hope he's doing alright. The next time you visit, bring him along."

Lindsey hummed, "I'll try my best, abuela, it takes a lot just to get him out of his house."

"Be patient cariño, healing takes time. I'm sure Matthew is thankful you've stuck by his side. That's very admirable Lindsey."