𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎: 𝐃𝐄𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐄 𝐒𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐎𝐍

Dear Journal, I know I said I was going to neglect this assignment

Dear Journal, I know I said I was going to neglect this assignment. But last night was surprisingly fun, I thought it was going to be boring.

My expectations were subverted, and thankfully Lindsey and I didn't get caught by the police. Not only did I witness a couple of guys brawling out, I met someone.

A boy, his name is Jeremiah Fisher, and he was super nice. He has bright ocean blue eyes, light chestnut curly hair, and the prettiest smile I've ever seen. We talked for close to an hour.

Well, we played twenty questions and answered the most insane ones. I'm pretty sure he was flirting with me, it was like one of those teen rom coms. Where the main characters see each other across the room.

In our case, the beach, and you hear a pop song playing, and everyone else fades into the background. But to be realistic, I highly doubt Jeremiah Fisher would be interested in being friends with lil ol' me.

I personally think I'm not the least bit interesting enough to be friends with someone as infamous as him. Apparently he and his family are well known within the community.

I've heard people at school talking about them. But I never met him or his brother until the party last night, and he was so nice. I think I'd like to see him again, as a potential friend of course.

Matt finished writing his entry and went downstairs to the kitchen, seeing his Mom and Dad, Isla was flipping pancakes while Daniel was sipping on a mug of tea.

Matt popped a blueberry into his mouth, "Morning Mom, morning Dad."

Daniel glanced up, giving him a smile, "Morning bud."

Isla placed some newly made pancakes on a plate for her son, "Good morning sweetheart. How was the bonfire party last night?"

Matt took a swig of his cup of milk, "It was fun, I hung out with Lindsey. I met a guy too, he was cool."

Daniel hummed in interest, "Oh really? What's his name?"

"Jeremiah Fisher, Lindsey knows him cause of their mom's." Matt replied, coating his fluffy goodness in golden syrup.

Isla smiled, "Oh Susannah's boys, they're a sweet family. I've met her and the boys a couple times. Really nice and respectful."

"I guess I've been living under a rock. Cause I didn't meet him until last night." 'Curse my introverted self' Matt thought.

Daniel chuckled, "We suppose so, and speaking of Lindsey, I heard Ella talking about her entering the debutante ball. Is that true Matt?"

Matt nodded his head, "Reluctantly, yes, I offered to be her date. But I'll have to do some research on it."

Both adults' jaws were on the floor, did their son just say he volunteered? For the debutante of all things? "Matt! We need to shop for a suit!" His mother exclaimed.