Claudie: The Future Modern Queen

Chapter One
Claudie: The Future Modern Queen

"When I had my first child, Marie, she really changed the context of my life and my priorities, and I just thought about my life choices and purpose and legacy differently," Claudie says during her sitdown interview for the documentary about her l...

"When I had my first child, Marie, she really changed the context of my life and my priorities, and I just thought about my life choices and purpose and legacy differently," Claudie says during her sitdown interview for the documentary about her life as it reflects on her life in the U.K., and her role as a princess, a mother, a public figure, and as a wife to the future king.

Claudie is asked why she thinks it is so important that she and her husband raise their children to be good humans.

"My children are more privileged than I was growing up, but I still work to instill the same values," Claudie answered. "It is important that they learn to be self-sufficient, learn what it means to contribute, and be part of a family unit. I also want to teach them to respect and appreciate what they have. By setting the table for dinner, cleaning up after meals, and keeping your room straight, you gain a sense of responsibility and pride you wouldn't otherwise have," Claudie continued.

Claudie continued to answer questions as she watched clips from her children who were each interviewed to share what they admire about their mother. Claudie nearly teared up at their responses.

Claudie spoke candidly about her engagement and the royal wedding, revealing for the first time how she learned to curtsy and met the late Queen. She described the moment her entire life changed, from being outed publicly as William's girlfriend, to their engagement and royal wedding.

 She described the moment her entire life changed, from being outed publicly as William's girlfriend, to their engagement and royal wedding

"What brought us together were our conversations, he was very easy to talk to. He was charming and a great listener, so that was my first impression. And it went from there," Claudie said about meeting William for the first time at University.

Soon after Claudie's introduction to William's inner circle, the media began running stories about her, outing her as William's girlfriend.

The first time they allowed photographers to capture them as a couple was in 2003 at a friend's wedding.

Claudie spoke about the moment the media found out she was William's girlfriend and what the press did next.

"I was on my way to my uncle's home and then I suddenly got an inquiry – 'we know you're the Prince William's girlfriend' as cameras started flashing nearly blinding me. I put my head down and walked as fast as I could to my car. At that moment, my entire life changed," Claudie explained.