02. Granny's Advice

Chapter Two | Granny's Advice

December of 2018

Royal Family attend Sandringham Christmas church service

25 December 2018

The Royal Family have greeted hundreds of well-wishers after attending the Christmas Day church service at Sandringham.

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and the Duke and Duchess of Sussex were all smiles as they left the service on the Queen's estate in Norfolk.

Prince Charles attended but the Duchess of Cornwall missed church due to a heavy cold.

The Duke of Edinburgh also stayed home - but is said to be in good health.

Catherine and Meghan, who is pregnant with her and Prince Harry's first child, walked side by side to church, chatting and smiling. The pair have been the subject of media reports of a rift.

Many of those gathered had brought bouquets of flowers and called out "Merry Christmas" as the royal party went past.

Royals looking 'happy and relaxed'

By BBC correspondent Charlotte Gallagher

There were huge cheers from the crowd when the royal family arrived for the morning's church service - especially for the Queen.

The queen and Princess Victoria were driven there by a chauffeur while the rest of the family walked up and greeted people when they went past.

"Victoria, I won't force you to tell anyone. But I want to know that I know you're dying." Granny said as we drove back to Sandringham House.

"Granny, please do not tell anyone. I do not want them worrying about me. I want their few months left with me to be filled with good memories." I said.

"Victoria, this will be hard for me. I'm not supposed to out live my granddaughter." Granny said.

"I know, Granny. I've been getting treatments but it seems not to be working and I'm okay with dying. I just want you to make sure that our family will be okay after I'm gone." I said.

"I cannot believe I have to ask you this." Granny said.

"Ask me what?" I asked.

"Do you have a will prepared?" Granny replied.

"Oh yes, I've had one made." I said.

"Good, I know this is hard for you but I want you to be prepared. I want to know that life can be simple. Even though you often feel like life is too complicated, it can always be simple. All you need to do is focus on one thing at a time. You don't have to do it all, and you don't have to do it right now. Be present, be active, do the best that you can. Whatever you put into life – life will hand you back, with interest. You've been through a lot in life. You've studied, been hurt, and changed. Every day we learn something new which changes us in some way or another. Sometimes we realize we're not who we used to be, but that's perfectly normal. Everybody changes. I want you to make sure your last few months are filled with no regrets." Granny said.