Chapter One

Chapter One | Royal Duties Calls

The Duke and Duchess of Cumberland pay a visit to school

THE Duke and Duchess of Cumberland paid a visit to Burnsall Primary School.

Along with John Townend, a trustee of the school, the Duke and Duchess were given a guided tour of the school by year six children, Daniel and Carys.

The Duchess of Cumberland channeled her inner Greek Goddess in a ruffled dress from Johnny Hates Jazz paired with nude heels. Phoebe styled her dress minimally with almost-bare make-up and soft wavy hair.

The Duchess' Johnny Hates Jazz dress is called the Shirring full dress and comes in a mint color. It is designed with ruffles on the waist and hems as well as shirring details on the sleeves.

Both the Duke and Duchess thanked all the children for making them feel extremely welcome. They also commented on what a wonderful feel the school has and how lovely it was to see the positive values and messages throughout the learning environment. Daniel and Carys said: We really enjoying showing the Duke and Duchess around. They said lots of lovely things about our work and they were really nice."

A school spokesman said: " Along with celebrating our growing numbers of pupils, this was a fabulous way to start the new school year. "

"Phoebe will step down as President of GRID but she will remain CEO." Frederick announced to his grandmother and father.

"But she's a full time royal." Charles said.

"I'm eighth in line to the throne. There won't be much use for me soon so please respect my wife's decision to work while supporting the crown." Frederick said.

"Very well, Phoebe has always been practical and reliable so I am okay with her keeping her position as CEO as long as she does her royal duties." Elizabeth said.

"Has she chosen her patronages?" The Queen's Secretary asked.

"She has chosen ten plus the four the Queen has given her and the ones she already had." Frederick answered.

"Phoebe has been a patron for how many charities?" Charles asked.

"Ten." Frederick answered.

"So in total she will have twenty-four." Elizabeth said.

The Duchess of Cumberland announces Patronages

Published 19 September 2019

Her Royal Highness The Duchess of Cumberland will become Patron of fourteen organisations in addition to the ten organisations that she has been patron of that reflect the causes and issues with which she has long been associated including the arts, at-risk/disadvantaged youths, health, cancer, access to education, homelessness, refugees, veteran/service member support, support for women, children and animal welfare.

Her Majesty The Queen has passed on four patronages to The Duchess of Cumberland – Battersea Dog's Home, The Royal Marsden Hospital, NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) and Barnardos.

Her Royal Highness will also take on Patronage of ten additional charities as part of her official working portfolio – English National Ballet, The Leprosy Mission England and Wales, National Aids Trust, The Albany, Anglo-European College of Chiropractice, Animal Health Trust, Association for Spinal Injury Research Rehabilitation and Reintegration, Douglas Bader Foundation, Benesh Institute of Choreology, and The Junior British Red Cross Society.