| 01

The smell of salty water wafts pass her nose as she pokes her head through the car window. The wind pushed her hair back and her lips curl into a big grin.

Her eyes shift to the sign 'Entering Cousins Beach' She was here. Madison was where she belonged.

Madison couldn't keep her excitement in and flung the car door open when the beach house came into sight.

Her neighbours the Fishers have always been really kind people. She would hang around with them and the Conklins.

She felt that this summer would be different. Really different. After all, this is the summer she turned pretty.

She opened the door to her room. It was exactly how she left it. The white painted walls, the polaroid pictures hung right above her soft, comfortable bed. The Taylor Swift vinyls she had also hung above the bed.

Madison fell back first onto the bed taking everything in.

"You look comfy" a voice spoke as Madison sat up. "I was, until you came" she replied jokingly. A calming laugh left Shayla's lips as she sat down aswell.

"You look stunningly different" Shayla said while hugging Madison tightly. "It's the start of summer, which means a summer wish"

"I don't know" Madison voiced back as she shrugged. "Yes you do you little liar" Shayla starts to tickle her. "You want a hot makeout with Jeremiah Fisher, you want his lips on yours" she teased.

"Okay, okay, my summer wish is to kiss Jeremiah Fisher" she admits with defeat in her voice. "You've literally been in love with him since we were children, why haven't you told him?" she questioned.

"Because he doesn't like me that way at all no matter what I do"

"Trust me, he'll see you this year even if he doesn't want to, you look completely different that last summer Mads"

What Shayla said was true. Madison did look different. She grew her hair out it reaches just above her waist, it's gotten lighter because she spends so much time in the sun. Her braces are gone and her smile looks prettier. Shayla helped her find her own style and she's stuck with it. Madison has became more confident and doesn't feel the need to wear loads of makeup anymore.

Infact, she swears she'll never wear a full face of makeup ever again. Not like the way she used to. She believes it covers up the natural beauty from the fakeness.

If people wanted to like her, they would have to like her natural self. She vowed to never change for anyone, even if it hurts to leave them.

"Mads!" a voice exclaimed from downstairs. "We're going to the fishers, so please hurry up"

She turned to Shayla and pratically jumped on her, squeezing her tight in a bear hug.

"I don't want you to go, Shay" she whispered still holding onto her.

"I'll see you tomorrow, I pinky promise, plus if you go you'll see lover boy" Shay releases from the hug holding out a pinky.

Mads locks her pinky with hers and they stick their thumbs together to lock it. Her cheeks flush and they become a light pink colour.

𝔸𝕌𝕋ℍ𝕆ℝ'𝕊 ℕ𝕆𝕋𝔼 !
-
i tried my best :)