Chapter 4 - Demonic Delight

"I'm thinking we should take a look at all the clubs that are meeting right now. Does that sound good to you, Ayanokōji-kun?" Hinami asked, skimming through the club leaflet she'd retrieved from her bag just earlier. I nodded in agreement.

It's incredible how easily she takes the wheel in a time like this, I thought to myself. I had expected Mizusawa to speak up, but it was Hinami. Could she be even better than him when it came to social situations? Perhaps it'd be a worthwhile endeavor to learn something from the opposite sex as well. I should better pay attention.

"Cool! I'll start by showing you the cultural clubs then," Hinami said.

"...You wanna take the lead so badly, huh, Hinami?" Mizusawa said. He flashed a mischievous smile, one corner of his mouth quirking up as if he guessed what Hinami was up to.

Hinami's perfect smile didn't break. "A good classmate should guide their new student, right, Takahiro-kun?"

Mizusawa's shoulders slumped dramatically. "Alright, alright, you win. Let's go ahead."

We started with the third floor since many of the culture clubs met there. There were already tons of club members walking around as if to prepare for something important.

"It's really crowded up here," Mimimi murmured. I'd been thinking much the same. 

"Well, there's a big play coming up and the clubs usually allow open observation for the whole week," Hinami explained. "I heard they're starting today, so a lot of club members are making sure their equipment is all ready to go. But that's all about it."

She sure knows a lot about other clubs' activities.

"Are you part of any cultural clubs, Hinami?" I asked her.

"Huh? Me?" She comically pointed to herself. "I'm already in the—"

"We're already doing track!" Mimimi chimed in, throwing her arms around Hinami with the same enthusiasm she had when she pushed Mizusawa away. There was Hinami, with Mimimi hugging her tightly from behind. If Izumi hugged her from the front, there'd be a cute girl snugly caught between two beautiful ones, like some gorgeous high school girl sandwich. Wait, why did my brain go there?

"And, Ayanokōji-kun, Hinami's really good, you know?! She's actually the best when it comes to track! Scratch that—she's actually the best at everything?"

Mimimi smiled, but her eyes remained untouched.

Something feels wrong.

"Hey, Mimimi, now you're going too far," Hinami said with some disbelief as she gently bopped Mimimi on the head. Mimimi looked at her with fascination, which then turned into a smirk.  Hinami tried to step back slightly, but she couldn't move far with someone clinging to her. Perhaps guessing what was about to happen, Hinami closed her eyes and let out a small exasperated sigh.

"Hmmm...I wouldn't expect you to say something like that, Aoi," Mimimi said, as brightly as ever, but with a hint of a more grown-up kind of mischief.

"Poke!"

"Ooh!"

Mimimi jabbed Hinami lightly in the ribs on her right side, and Hinami responded with a sound so sexy I never would have imagined it from her previous behavior.

Sadly, this spectacle was about to end way too early.

"Ok! That's enough from both of you!" Izumi intervened and forcefully separated both of them. "Seriously, just what's up with you, Mimimi?!"

"Yuzu-chan... Gosh, I'm just no match for your cuteness! I'll follow your command!" Mimimi straightened her back and showed off her clumsy salute.

Hinami looked fed up. "Geez, Mimimi, you are so silly! Do you ever just give up?!" she scolded in a somewhat childish tone.