Chapter 9

A/N: You, my darling fans, are amazing and this chapter is dedicated to all of you! (: Keep on reading!

Chapter 9

The last thing I remembered before I fell asleep was Jason climbing into bed with me, and the surprisingly comfy feeling that followed him was overbearing to my body. Of course I didn't fight it; I was too busy getting lost in my own dreams. When I woke up, it was to the repetitive pitter patter of rain drops on my window pane. My eyes fluttered open and I rubbed the sleep out of them the best I could. I was still a bit disoriented from the deep slumber I had just forced myself from, and I was bewildered as to where Jason was, because the only thing beside me in my bed was the shape Jason's body had left next to mine.

I got out of bed, slowly walking to my door and out of my room. The overwhelming aroma of coffee had pinched my senses awake now, and I sighed at the delicious smell. At the bottom of the stairs, with a cup of coffee already in hand was Emilee, wearing her dark brown curls up in a high pony-tail that curved in towards her back. She was wearing wedged sandals slightly covered by a pair of flared blue jeans. Covering the upper half of her body was a moss green button up, which fit appropriately.

She didn't turn to face me until I was two stairs away from her. "You're up early," she said, no warm smile appearing on her face.

I rubbed my eyes once more. "I- got a lot of sleep last night." I replied to her with a wary smile. Emilee grinned sluggishly and sipped her coffee.

"Did you sleep with Jason?" My eyes widened at her question and my lips parted slightly in shock.

"What? No! We didn't sleep together at all, why would you think that?" Questions just slipped out of my mouth like word vomit, and Emilee looked to find it amusing.

"Not like that, Cassie...I meant if you guys just slept in the same bed or something, I wasn't asking if you guys toyed with the dirty stuff." She explained with a wink. "That's not my business."

I sidestepped Emilee, walking towards the kitchen, the sound of her shoes clacking against the wood floor followed me.

"Do you have any idea where Jason is, speaking of the devil." I asked her, examining the kitchen counter for any source of food...or any more of that wonderful smelling coffee Emilee had. "Is there any more coffee?"

Emilee shook her head. "No and no. I just got up a little while ago to get ready. Ryder wants to get back home as soon as possible, and apparently as soon as possible consists of early in the morning." She rolled her eyes, taking another sip of her coffee. At that moment I decided to check the time; 7:12 am. I groaned at the realization of how awake I was at such an early time. "I can make you some coffee, if you'd like."

It was nice of Emilee to offer, but I didn't need Ryder getting mad at me for what my sister decided to do, even if that included making me a simple cup of coffee.

"You know, lately, I've been watching how you react to Ryder's name or what he does and your reactions usually revolve around the classic eye roll or tisk of disapproval." I joked lightly, ripping a banana from the stem connecting it with six other banana's.

Emilee smiled. "I may not like some of the things Ryder does, yesterday being the perfect example, but I don't him if that's what your implying."

"I am not saying that." I wasn't. I was questioning why she stuck around with his sorry ass.

"You're trying to get to something, here, Cassie, and I'd like for you to just get it out if that's what makes you happy."

I gritted my teeth as I unpeeled my banana. "I'm just trying to figure you guys out. I mean come on Em, the definition of sweet has a picture of you in its dictionary and his picture is next to cruel. I know the fates have a reason for putting people together, but there seems to be no legitimate reason why the two of you connect...if you-do..."