The Taming

Copyrighted 2012 All Rights Reserved © -  I own all the rights in my stories. This includes all prologues, epilogues and chapters. Any unauthorized distribution, copying, manipulation, broadcasting or selling of  the author's works constitutes as an infringement of copyright and is punishable by law.                                         

  *  The Taming  *

      "I've been more than fair with you, Cassandra. I've given you time and more than enough space..." he paused, releasing a large intake of breath, his heat radiated over my lustfilled body. My body was ready and willing to do anything for him, even if my mind wasn't. I couldn't wrap my finger around why I felt this way. I've tried to so hard to hate him. A vicious growl knocked me out of my thoughts. "You want something to hate, darling?" His words slithered out of his very much inviting lips like venom. "I'll give you something." I couldn't put together what he meant until I was being yanked forward, forcefully, and thrown to the ground in a heap. When I looked up at my mate, one side of his mouth quirked up, and he was unbuckling his belt.

* Cassandra Erikson watched helpless as both of her sisters were lost to her by the Gathering.  One sister ran away from it, the other is currently suffering from its outcome. Cassandra is now of age to participate in the Gathering, the annual event in which ten villages come together, having all of the he-wolves and she-wolves who are of age to be sent off into the woods, in hopes of claiming a mate.  Cassandra has already found her mate, Gabriel, and she loves him. But wolves can't mate until they are of age, so Cassandra and the love of her life devise a plan to meet up in a secret part of the woods where Gabriel will claim her. She thinks they have it all figured out, for Cassandra refuses to face the fate her sisters had to bear,but, what happens when another male wolf scents Cassandra out in the woods that night? What happens when he claims her instead of Gabriel? *