chapter 8:a break time

everyone in the past Archangel sees the destruction of Heliopolis up close(i will go to the future Archangel later,don't worry.).from that fight with the Creuset team,one sneaky GINN manage to tear down a hole in the colony and basically make it unhabitable.well,atleast the people are save.they can see some pods floating around the Heliopolis.they tried atleast.the past Kira and the other just watched as their literal innocent is robbed away from them.this is the true reality of war that they just witness.luckily,the three pilot this ship has is literally beat Creuset's ass so bad that he needs to go back all the way to Jachin which give the Archangel a lot of time to reunite with the 8th fleet.Kira and the others has a lot to think about though.they all know it,even Cagalli know it,that they owe it all to the two mysterious pilot for saving them from dying.they all bunked down in Kira's room as of right now,discussing as too what they should do next.

p.Kira:"guys,we need to think about what we should do next."
Kira says first.
Tolle:"well,one,we're civillians.two,we literally have no skills about everything whatsoever.i think we should just wait."
said Tolle,shrugging his shoulder.
Cagalli:"we can't just wait here until everything is fine.the very least we can do is to make this ship crew lives not a living hell.i suggest help a bit around the ship so we can do something while wakting to go back to our family."
said Cagalli with a serious tone.
Kuzzey:"but,what can we do?,we literally can't do shit about this situation.we're not soldiers if you didn't catch the hint!!!."
yells Kuzzey at Cagalli direction.
p.Kira:"...........i will become one of the pilot of the ship."
said Kira,finally.

everyone looked at Kira with a shocked look.

Miriallia:".........but,why?."
said Miriallia,slowly.
p.Kira:"those two pilot and commander Mu has been kind to us since the beginning.if you ignore miss Natarle,then you can see everyone in here just want to take a break.if we had another pilot,our survival rate will be higher."
said Kira with a serious tone.

no matter how many times they argue,no one can argue with Kira's logic.yes,mr.Mu and the others are good,but they are still human.the tiredness will catch up to them eventually.adding one more pilot would be very much make the whole travel easier.

Miriallia:".....Kira,are you sure?."
p.Kira:"......i'm sure."

'in the hangar'

both Mu and Athrun are fighting each other so hard in the simulation machine.Mu use a GINN unit so he can get used to the feels of flying a GINN really quickly,while Athrun just make some buried skills resurfaced again on the battlefield.he fights with a gundam unit for so long,his skills with the usual ZAFT unit is getting a lot rustier.so,he needs the training simply to dighing some old muscle memories.Kira is just watching while Murdoch and his team is fixing up some damage with the units that they have.Kira suggest mixing up all of the pack to the Strike if they could.which is possible,but the Battery consumption is the reason why they couldn't mix it together.for now.but,they will try to take it one step at a time.like,mixing up the Aile pack with the Launcher pack.and also the Composite gun that the Buster use has been installed with the Strike so the Strike could use it everytime it wants to.and Athrun beating up on mr.Mu so hard right now.

Mu:"goddamnit,kid.why are you so good at this?!!."
Mu yells while throwing his hands up in the air.
Athrun:"i just practice."
said Athrun,shrugging.
Mu:"Jack,you are literally beating me for three hours straight.that is by no mean just mere skills.are you a soldier or something?."
asked Mu while looking at Athrun.
Athrun:"nah,i ain't.mom forbid me to even sign up for the military."
said Athrun.
Mu:"your mom....?"
said Mu slowly
Athrun:"my mom die in Junius Seven."
said Athrun with a poker face.
Mu:"oh....oh god,i'm so sorry kid.i didn't mean to-"
Athrun:"it's fine.i already had some peace of mind."
said Athrun now remembering the Dominion blowing up.

Mu didn't say anything and just looked away.Kira then hop in on the simulation machine and do his own training.Athrun just looked around and see their GINN(Mu and his own)has been fixed and they're even able to make a GINN from the scrapped of other GINN on the battlefield.then,he sees the past Kira walk towards him.he raised an eyebrow by this.what is he wanted?.

p.Kira:"hey,mr....."
Athrun:"just call me Jack."
p.Kira:"hey,mr.Jack.can you.............teach me how to pilot a unit?."
said p.Kira,slowly.

now,Athrun is the one that's shocked by this revelation.this kid,Kira's past self,want to take up arms?.as far as he concerned,Kira is a total advocate for pacifism.so,seeing his best friend want to take up arms on a battlefield,is a little jarring for him.

Athrun:".........why?."
p.Kira:"i want to protect my friends on this ship.and,because i owe both you and mr.Samuel for saving us back at the Heliopolis."
Athrun:"no one forced you to fight,kid.so don't feel like you are obligated to fight for this ship."
p.Kira:"i wanted to do this.if i don't,i will go crazy not doing anything on this ship."
Athrun:".............you know after this you can't came back again,right?.there is no turning back after this."
p.Kira:"i'm sure."
Athrun:".............fine,kid.me,Mu and Samuel will train you."

after that,it's just a straight up training montage for the younger Kira.both f.Kira and Athrun gives the younger pilot some tips and teaches him some trick that he can pull with the right GINN upgrade whil Mu teaches Kira strategies on the battlefield.they use the Simulation machine for hours and hours.all just to make sure the younger pilot does not die young on the battlefield.