Chapter 2

Percy POV

"Why did he have to go?" I asked, "Because he's..." Before Mom could finish what she was saying, Grover yelled, "Sally, watch out!" As a cow landed in the middle of the road. "Whoa!" Mom hit the brakes, causing the car to skid and flip over. 

"Percy," Mom says. 

"Mom, you all right?" I asked her, and she said, "Yeah. Yeah." I call out to Grover, "Grover, you all right?" And said, "Is it me, or  is it raining cows?" 

"What is that?" I ask.

Mom yells, "Get out! Hurry! Come on!" I turn around to see Grover taking his pants off! "Why are you taking your pants off? What are you doing?" Grover replied, "My job." "Whoa. Whoa. You're half donkey?!" I yelled, shocked. But Grover corrected me, "I'm half goat." He used his feet? Hooves?— I don't know what to say at this point— to break the window and get out of the car. He yelled, "Guys, watch all this glass. Come on! Get out the car! That thing's getting closer!"

I exited the car and yelled at Grover while holding his crutches. "You don't even need these." He grabs them from me and says, "Look, man, those are just for show. Follow me!" A giant bull monster came charging at us. "Whoa!" We all started running toward the fence on the side of the road. Grover went first and easily cleared it like a track hurdle. He landed on the other side. Mom and I struggled to get over the fence, but we managed. 

Grover yelled, "This way, guys. This way! Come on! Come on!" I ran. I cried for Mom to run. We heard the monster growl, pick up the car, and throw it at us. We saw it land 50 or so yards in front of us. We got up and started running again. "Come on! Come on!" Grover yelled. I saw torches ahead, and Grover said, "We're here!" When we were in front of the entrance, I looked at the sign; it was written in Greek. But somehow, my dyslexia helped me understand what it read: CAMP HALF-BLOOD.

I, Grover, and Mom continued to run the threshold. Grover and I made it past the sign. I turned to look behind me and saw that Mom couldn't get through, like there was some kind of barrier. "Mom, what are you doing?" I asked.

"This is as far as I can go," Mom replied. I grabbed her hand and said, "No. Come on!"

"I can't get through! I'm not like you." She sobbed.

"Look, I'm not leaving without you," I said. She pulled her hand back and said, "You have to. You're meant to." The bull monster snatched her and began to squeeze. That's when I saw red; without thinking, I yelled at the beast, "Put my mother down!" I ran to try to help Mom. "Percy, go. You're safe inside the gate." Mom said. 

I turn to Grover and yell, "What can I do?!" Grover yelled, "Listen, use the pen!"

"What?" I ask.

"Use Brunner's pen and click it." He said. I drop my backpack and reach inside my jacket for the pen Mr.Brunner gave me. I clicked it, and it turned into a fucking sword! "WHOA!" I say. Then I heard Mom scream in pain, and the monster crushed her into gold dust. Without thinking, I charged at the damn thing and started to fight. I managed to land a hit, but then it flung me into a nearby tree like a sack of potatoes. 

I groaned in pain. It began to charge at me; luckily, Grover pulled me to safety. And it ended up stuck in the tree it flung me into. Grover asked, "Perce, are you okay?" The beast struggled to get itself out of the tree. It pulled and pulled until it broke off its horn and stumbled back, falling. 

I ran to the horn and grabbed it. Grover yelled," Percy, behind you!" With newfound strength, I yanked the horn from the tree and stabbed the beast, killing it. The adrenaline rush finally wore off, and I began to feel dizzy. Grover asked, "Perce, you okay?" I tiredly said, "I'm not feeling..." Before I could finish speaking, I started to pass out, But not before I heard the sound of footsteps and a girl's voice say, "¡Aye! Dios mío! Are you ok...ay?" Like that, I black out.