Chapter 10

Percy POV

Annabeth tapped my shoulder and pointed to the sky, "Hey. Look. Zeus and Poseidon preparing for battle." I ignore Annabeth and state my disappointment, "No...No, no, this isn't the right place. This isn't Olympus. This is...this is the Empire State Building." Mom spoke, running to a rundown door, "Percy! The entrance to Olympus is there!" "Well, there's 10 minutes till midnight. Let's move." I said. 

"Percy Jackson!" I hear someone call my name. "Well, you weren't supposed to make it out alive." I see that the person who called out my name was none other than Luke. "I can't let you take that bolt to Olympus. I'm the lightning thief." He said. I angrily asked, "You hid the bolt in my shield? Why?" 

"Well, when you said you were going to the underworld, it hit me. That is the perfect opportunity to get the bolt to Hades."

"Why would you do that?"

 "To bring Olympus crumbling down." Luke said apathetically. 

"Percy, let's go. Let's go." Mom said firmly.

"Well, it's too late, 'cause I'm returning the bolt to Zeus right now." I stated.

"Not before midnight." Luke replied, then charged at me. I managed to dodge, but Luke was able to kick me in the face, which sent me tumbling to the ground. We continued to fight. Annabeth ran for the bolt while (Y/n) started to throw fireballs at Luke. But Luke dodged (Y/n's) fireballs and went after Annabeth. (Y/n) sprinted past me to help Annabeth fight Luke. The three of them clashed. Annabeth hit Luke, and (Y/n) managed to burn him in the same spot. Annabeth and (Y/n) landed a kick on Luke that sent him flying. 

I grab (Y/n) and ask, "You all right?" Panting lightly, she replied, "Yeah. But did you see  I sent that pendejo flying! Damn, I'm good! No manches..." I see Luke came back. "Luke, why do you want a war of the gods?" I asked. "Control. They've been in power for too long. I say it's time for our generation to take over, remold the world in our image. A world of new heroes." He said.

I angrily retorted, "You're no hero." Then he pointed the bolt at us. We turned to run, but Luke fired lightning at us. We tried to run the other way, but Luke shot lightning at us again. And when he fired again, a rush of wind blew past me, and then Annabeth, Mom, and I heard an ear-piercing scream, "AGGHH!" Then a thud. I looked to see that it was (Y/n) lying there motionless.

Annabeth shrieked, cradled (Y/n) in her arms, and sobbed, "(Y/n)! NO! (Y/n), wake up! Please, I can't lose you too! (Y/n) Please!" (Y/n) fluttered her eyes open and slurred, "Annie? Is Percy's mom okay?" Mom replied, "Yes, dear, I'm alright. But you should worry about yourself." (Y/n) sighed, closed her eyes, and said, "Good. Because I'm...sleepy..." Like that, she passed out. Annabeth and I yelled for (Y/n) to wake up, but it was useless; (Y/n) was unconscious. 

'Now it's personal, Luke. No one hurts my (Y/n) and gets away with it! Plus, you made my friend cry! I hope you're ready. Because I'm going to make pay for hurting (Y/n).' I turned to Mom and Annabeth and said, "Stay here." I hurried to my backpack and took out my flying shoes from my quest. I quickly put them on and went after Luke. 

|Later| 

I found Luke about to strike down a helicopter when I shouted, "Luke!" Then I tackled him, sending both of us plummeting. "Whoa! Whoa!" I said, trying to regain my balance. I break away from Luke and cut Luke's cheek with my sword. I pushed him into the building as we continued to plummet. Soon, he got the upper hand, shoved me away, and shot lightning at me. He continued to shoot at me, which I deflected. 

The building we were sliding on started running thin. Eventually, we crash through a window of an office building. He continues to chase me, but I give him the slip. I burst through a wall, tackled him again, threw him to the ground, quickly grabbed the lightning bolt, and flew off. I start to lose altitude; I struggle to correct myself and grab the bolt. But I started getting closer to a building with a water tank. "No! Oh...oh...!" I yell and crash land on the building. 'That's gonna hurt tomorrow.