Chapter 5

Percy POV

We continue walking toward the entrance and make it inside the rundown building. "Hello!" "Hello?" Grover repeats and continues, "Anybody home in Auntie-ville?" We all begin to explore the place. (Y/n) grabs my hand and squeezes it. I look at her face and see that she's very uncomfortable. "(Y/n)? Are you okay?" I ask. She shakes her head and says, "No, not really. My anxiety is through the roof right now. I feel like I'm about to pass out."

I squeeze her hand back, "Hey, it's okay, you're okay. We'll find the pearls and get out. Sound good?" I say to her. "Yeah, that sounds good. Thanks, Percy, I think I can do this." She said. Then we hear Grover say, chuckling, "Check this out. They got free sodas." He and Annabeth move toward a large cooler and open it. Only to hear squeaking. 'Rats?' Grover then drops the lid, shrieks, and says, "Okay. That's nasty. The health department needs to give this place a F. Ooh..."

I hear a light chuckle from (Y/n). 'I'm glad she's not anxious anymore.' We continue to explore when Annabeth says, "Hey, guys, check this out." (Y/n) Let's go of my hand, and I immediately miss its warmth. We make our way to a water fountain. (Y/n) and Annabeth stand next to each other. "Look at this," Annabeth said. 

I look to see gold coins scattered in the fountain. Then Annabeth takes a handful of the coins out of the fountain. "Nice," I say. "Gold drachmas." (Y/n) says, taking one from Annabeth. "That means we're on the right track." Grover commented. "Here," Annabeth said, handing me the drachmas. (Y/n) puts the one she took into my hand and gives me a small smile.

"How are we going to find the pearls in this place?" Annabeth asked. "That's a good question," Grover said. "Okay, let's split up. Check everything." I said.

"Yeah."

"Good idea."

"It's better than searching aimlessly in this creepy place and getting caught by the owner or a serial killer." (Y/n) said. "I'm gonna go this way," Grover said, pointing with his crutch down a corridor filled with statues. I pointed behind me. And (Y/n) and Annabeth turned around and began walking. 'I hope (Y/n) and Annabeth are okay. I'm more worried about (Y/n) and her potentially having a panic attack, what with her anxiety and all. Please, let her be okay. (Y/n) was right; this place really is creepy.'

Annabeth POV

(Y/n) and I continued on our chosen path when a woman suddenly popped out of nowhere, grabbed our shoulders harshly, and yelled, "Get out! She's coming!" I didn't know what she was talking about, so I asked, " What? Who?" The woman grabbed our wrists and shakily explained, "We stopped-- d-directions. My poor Husband! Help me! Please, help me!" She then began to drag us hurriedly. We had to run to keep up with her. 

Grover POV

I wandered down the hall of creep ass statues and stopped in front of a rather oddly familiar liking statue of a satyr. Then I chuckled and said to myself,  "Oh! Check this out. He's just like my Uncle Ferdinand. That's crazy. Got the mole in the same place. No. It's not my Uncle Ferdinand, 'cause my Uncle Ferdinand was killed by...Medusa." 'Oh shit! We're in Medusa's Lair! I gotta tell the others!' "Oh. Percy! (Y/n)! Annabeth! We're in trouble!" I called out to my friends and rushed to find them. 

Percy POV

After Grover said that, I began to worry about my friends. "Grover?" I shout, my voice filled with panic. I frantically looked for my pen. Once I found it, I clicked it, turning it into a sword. Then I ran to find my friends. 'Please be okay (Y/n). Don't worry, I'm coming. Just hold on.'

(Y/n) POV

The scared woman still dragged Annabeth and me as she kept shouting, "Please, we have to leave before she finds us!" "Who?!" Annabeth and I asked. The woman responded, "She turned my husband to stone!" 'Crying lady + Statues × Turned to stone = Medusa! Oh shit! We're in Medusa's Lair.