Birds of a Feather Pt. 1

Note: Missing bird please help~

With confidence

Y/N had been enjoying her time as an unregistered Animagus, finding fun in the company of her pets and the magical beasts she had been taking care of. She didn't know that having the form of an animal would give her both excitement and thrill. Excitement as some of the animals would play chase with her and thrill when mouths would try to open and gobble up her small form. It was a brief respite from the challenges and mysteries that often came her way at Hogwarts.

But Rowan doesn't agree with her. "Being almost eaten by your pet isn't exactly a relaxing thought," the bespectacled girl said with exasperation. "Gallivanting for a cursed vault is much tamer than that," she added.

"Relax, that won't happen." would be y/n's argument. But she eventually promised Rowan not to play with her more 'dangerous' pet in her Animagus form. Then her days were somewhat more relaxed and normal.

However, her peaceful days were interrupted when Penny called upon her for help. Y/N met Penny in the Great Hall, noticing the worried expression on her friend's face as they exchanged greetings.

"Ah, you're here, Y/N! Thanks for coming!" Penny exclaimed with a sense of relief. Y/N gave her a concerned look and asked, "Of course, Penny. Now, what's wrong? You sounded worried when you asked to meet."

"Its Talbott," Penny said solemnly.

"Talbott Winger, the one who helped us brew an Animagus potion? What's wrong? Is he hurt?" She couldn't help but exclaim her worry. The thought of her new-found friend hurt, making her feel panicked enough to immediately look for him. But she decides to hear Penny out first before taking action.

"No, at least, I hope not. He's been spending all of his time alone recently."

Penny's words reassured her, the mixture of concern and relief evident on her face as she deflated. Though there's still the lingering feeling of worry, she listened intently as Penny talked about why she was feeling a bit worried for the silent Ravenclaw.

"No offense, Penny, but have you met Talbott? He makes Snape look talkative," Y/N said with a teasing note in her tone. In the past few days, she managed to catch the quiet Ravenclaw. She noticed that he was a quiet person and preferred to be alone, so she decided to busy herself by trying to get used to her animagus form before pursuing her continued friendship with talbott.

Penny sighed, still worried. "I know he's a... private person, but I've been his friend for a while. I can tell something's wrong. Plus, he's been missing class, even Transfiguration, and that's his favourite. I'd ask him what's wrong myself, but I haven't been able to find him. I think he's been avoiding me."

Y/N sympathised with Penny's concern and understood the feeling of a friend distancing themselves. "I'm sorry, Penny. I haven't seen him at all recently," she replied.

As Y/N glanced around, an idea struck her. She remembered how, just last month, she had asked around for Talbott, and he had suddenly appeared. Perhaps the same tactic might work again. She turned back to Penny with determination. "Let's ask around. Surely, someone has to have seen Talbott. We'll find him, don't worry."

Penny agreed to her idea and they talked with their fellow students, asking if they saw or might know where the elusive Ravenclaw was. 

Though their efforts were in vain, they found no information or clue about Talbott's whereabouts. Although it doesn't feel extraordinarily wrong for Talbott's absence, it still left them worried.