The Date

Note: Again, Enjoy~

Miscalculations

If someone asks Talbott Winger what he's thinking right now, he'll probably not answer. Why would he? Do they know him? Does he know them? Besides, he could just stare at them with irritation. Who are you to ask him? Are you his friend?

Well, if you're Penny, you'll probably know. Weirdly, she'll know more than himself. You're Tonks? A roll of his eyes and saying 'nothing'. If you're Andre? He won't say anything... after a while. But if you're y/n? He'll say that yes, he did get his outfit from Andre who had perfectly matched their outfits for today. But no, he will not write a poem dedicated to the beautiful work of art that is Andre's masterpiece. How the deep purple faded into a lighter shade down her dress, like when the sunsets enveloped in an illusion of a purple sky. Or her shy smile when she came running into Puddifoot's teashop.

"Hi, uh, you look nice, Talbott," she greeted him nervously.

Talbott offered a warm smile in return and replied, "Likewise. I guess Andre helped you with the dress?"

Y/N nodded with a puzzled look on her face. "Yeah. Why?" she asked.

"We match," Talbott stated, gesturing to his own outfit. But what made the match obvious was the small amethyst brooch on his tie, which was the same exact size as the amethyst in the middle of her tiara. He had to thank Andre for that later. It's endearing to see how thoroughly he designs his creations.

Talbott then walks her towards a seat, perfectly situated in the center, a small chandelier above them and a window in view of the outside. Madam Pudifoot then arrived moments later with a smile on her face as she asked them for their order. Y/n was the first of them to speak, and she sounded nervous as she tried to order their tea. Talbott sympathises; he would too stumble on his words; this is new for both of them.

As if sensing the nervousness radiating from y/n, Madam Pudifoot gave her an understanding smile as she reassured them that they could take time to think of their order. They both smiled back at her in gratitude.

"I can tell it's your first date." Pudifoot remarks as she then recommends a tea she knows they would love to drink. Talbott nods at the shop owner as she leaves and looks at y/n, where he can see her face redder than usual as she watches the old lady leave them be.

'She looks better in red too.' he thought with a silent chuckle. He likes observing her.

So when she finally looked back at him with a nervous chuckle, he had to quickly look away with a cough. She doesn't seem to notice, as she immediately asked if she looks obviously new to this kind of thing. He had to agree; he may not look like it, but he's also nervous; he was just to used to hiding his emotions well. But if he thinks about it, they do look unfamiliar with this; they're young, and everyone can see that, and they will guess it correctly.

"I think we both do look like it's our first time." he replied, and had to lean back nervously when she lean forward with her eyes squinted a bit. He raised an eyebrow. "What?"

"Well, I don't see it." she said, leaning back with a small pout as she crossed her arms.

"What is it that you don't see?" he asked, relaxing in his seat as he tried to calm his nerves. To think that his emotions are on the verge of showing on his face. He's changing, but he doesn't know whether it was just her or not, or if he likes it or not.

But that's for another day.

"You don't look nervous." she pointed out. "Is this even your first date?"