✮ 11.

In the fleeting second of eye contact through the glass display, (Y/N) took in Micheal Kaiser's features. He looked just like he had in his online videos except, more lucid, more sown to earth. Unlike the digital photos they'd seen, this Kaiser was real and only a couple steps away.

(Y/N) recognized the way his blue eyes seem to glisten no matter what light he was standing in and his silky blonde hair, framing his face. They could still see a glimpse of his childhood innocence in his now mature features, whether it be the slant of his eyes or curve of his lips.

With what seemed like all their strength, they tore their eyes from Kaiser, letting his desperate voice trail after them in the gentle breeze. They ran after Sae, wanting to get the sight of his piercing blue eyes out of their mind. This was enough to fuel bad dreams for days.

In seconds, they were down the block, slipping into an alley after Sae. For a moment, they wondered if Kaiser would chase after them, but he must've taken the hint that (Y/N) didn't want to see him at all. Odd, he never followed any rules set by anyone.

"Is he gone?" Asked Sae, looking back out to the street, not panting in the slightest. (Y/N) wasn't tired either, just a bit shaken as he nodded, not trusting themselves to speak just now. The two remained in silence for a bit, each wondering what would happen next.

"Any plans for the rest of the day?" (Y/N) asked at last, looking sideways at Sae. The midfielder only shook his head, responding with "No, not really. I've got my entire morning cleared for us."

(Y/N)'s eyes widened slightly, were they that important? They felt touched that someone like Sae would have this all worked out, but in the end, he was very organized and well-thought-out, even if he was a little spontaneous at times.

"There's an arcade nearby if you wanna go," they suggested, pulling up their GPS system on their phone to make sure. They never pegged Sae as a gamer or anything of the sort, but it would be better than sticking in a dimly lit alleyway for the rest of the day regardless.

"Why not?" the pink-haired man responded to their surprise, shrugging. And so, the two set off for their new destination, only a couple blocks away. Unlike their time in the library, the two remained quite silent for the trip, only speaking to ask for directions every once in a while.

(Y/N) thought about Kaiser the entire trip and wondered over and over again why he was here. If they were honest, the arcade was only a way for them to take their mind off the blue-haired striker for the rest of the day. They already knew that they wouldn't be able to rest normally that night.

"Oh, hold on." Sae said as his phone buzzed, pulling (Y/N) out of their trance, "I've got a call from my manager." The (H/C) athlete stood awkwardly to the side as their companion spoke on the phone curiously trying to listen in.

"Yeah, okay, but this better be the last time," Sae finished in his annoyed drawl as he pocketed the device, looking apologetic as he turned to (Y/N), "Sorry, my manager scheduled some emergency meeting concerning my profession or whatever." They nodded, understanding his situation.

"Oh. Got it." They said, realizing that this might be their last meeting for a bit, "this is goodbye then?"

"Yeah, this is goodbye." Sae replied, sticking out his hand for a handshake, "I don't know if we'll meet again, so take care, (Y/N)."

"Right," they took his hand, feeling his firm grip around their palm, "Have fun in Spain or wherever. Thanks for today, bye Sae." The two exchanged a nod and a smile before separating. (Y/N) watched the prodigy walk away, their eyes following him until he was out of view.

They sighed, staring at their phone, still on navigation towards the small arcade. Without Sae here, they were all alone with their thoughts of Kaiser. Torn between running back to the bookstore to reunite with him and continuing his planned route, (Y/N) pivoted awkwardly on the spot, their indecision coming in full swing.