Epilogue

"Flight A-11037, destination: Munich, Germany, will be boarding momentarily. Please make your way to gate..." The automated electronic voice rang loud and clear over the heads of those gathered in the airport. A (H/C) adult craned their neck over at the sound, letting out a small, "Oh, that's me." before turning back to their friends and family.

"(N/N), that's your flight!" exclaimed (M/N), nudging them in the direction of the boarding gate softly. Her child sighed before saying exasperatedly, "Yeah, I know, let me say goodbye first!"

It'd been multiple months since the restart of Blue Lock and (Y/N) hadn't set a single toe inside the pentagonal building since, preferring to watch the livestreams and games from the comfort of their home as they studied, studied and studied some more to catch up with school. Needless to say, they'd achieved just that and what's more, they became valedictorian of their class while they were at it!

For the first time in forever, everything seemed to be going according to plan for (Y/N). A couple months ago, they'd received news that they'd been accepted to the university of their dreams: the Technical University of Munich. Not only was it located right in their hometown, it was also in Germany, giving them a good chance to catch up on their mother tongue.

Another benefit was that their father had been buried straight in that city too, so they could visit him any time too. The thought almost made tears well up in their eyes, when was the last time they'd even been at their father's grave? The time in Japan seemed so long yet so, so sweetly short when they really thought about it.

The only regret that (Y/N) was going to hold was not being able to spend enough time with their friends before they left. Busy training for the U20 world cup happening in a few short weeks, all the Blue Lock boys were conditioning and polishing themselves, leaving them no free time. In fact, they'd only had maybe 2–3 calls with Oliver over the past little bit as well.

Just thinking of all the training their boyfriend must be doing made them shudder, remembering their own soreness and tiredness back when they were in Blue Lock. At the same time, they were happy for the boys too, only the tiniest bit wistful they couldn't be there with them. However, it wasn't like any of them would let (Y/N) part without a proper sendoff.

After begging the master strikers and Ego for days on end, they'd finally relented and let some of the boys exit the premises to head to the airport. For this (Y/N) was very grateful, it was a great honour to be considered important enough to skip practice for, not to mention that the world cup was less than half a month away!

And so, that was the story of why they stood in the crowded airport, surrounded by some odd dozen people gathered around them, all dreading the moment when the plane would lift off the ground.

First, they hugged their mother, thanking her for everything that she'd done for them. On hearing her not-so-small-anymore kid's words, she broke into tears. (Y/N) was on the verge of starting to cry too before they laughed, ending up just hugging her even tighter.

Mentally, they thanked their deceased father too, imagining that he was there too, sending them off with encouragement and an invisible embrace. The rest of the group watched the family with smiles and giggles, finding the bond absolutely adorable.

Once (Y/N) backed away, they were nearly tackled to the ground by the combined weight of Bachira and Teppei, the energetic duo jumping on them simultaneously. Their squeals and nuzzling was enough to make them topple over with a headache, but for just today, they were glad of it.

"(N/N)! (N/N)! (N/N)!" Teppei chanted, shaking them in his grasp as Bachira wailed, "Waaahhhh! Why do you have to goooo! I'll miss you so, so much!" (Y/N) couldn't help but stifle a laugh, patting the two on the back in turn, imploring them quietly to release their death-grasps.