1

Meet Louise Iyioluwa. Brilliant and tenacious, she was a typical Nigerian fresh undergraduate.

One thing she didn't realise early was that she was naturally gifted with a great degree of scribe anointing. The scribe anointing, to put it simply, is the gift to craft words to have a great impact on people's lives, entrusted by God to humans with a creative flair in varying degrees.

While in secondary school, she always aced her English papers, especially essays. Her teacher wouldn't stop raving about how good she was with words. But she didn't think much of it. After all, she was just doing her best to pass and clear all her papers.

Her bubbly nature made her believe she was cut out for the screen and stage rather than for behind-the-scene roles. Most of her mates in secondary school secretly envied her because she effortlessly won the hearts of her teachers.

She got her admission to her dream course, Dramatic Arts, immediately after secondary school.
Thankfully, she had genuinely encountered the Lord in SS3 and that became a stepping stone to the discovery of her purpose.

Because she got high scores in her SSCE and UTME, her dad fulfilled his promise and got her a brand new Android phone, a Tecno Pop 7 pro.
She joined only WhatsApp and Facebook, wanting to focus on her academics, at least for now.

The first thing she did with her new phone was to go online and search for Christian novels to read.
They were scarce. The few she found weren't satisfactory. But she found one or two that gave her hope.

Two weeks after her late resumption to university, the Student Union started a protest. A student had allegedly died from burns in a gas explosion due to the negligence of the emergency and health unit of the university.
It escalated to a wild protest and the management was forced to shut down the school. Everyone was sent home indefinitely.

Louise was deflated but she consoled herself with the fact that God had something special in store for her.

As a dutiful child, going every day to her Mom's clothing store came naturally to her.

She would attend to customers and, during her spare time, would either read her Bible or a Christian novel or write her first novel on her phone's notepad.

One day, a customer brought her teenage daughter along as she came to make her purchase. The girl, who was bored out of her wits, causally took Louise's phone, intending to play Candy Crush. However, when she saw the first line of the open writing app, she was hooked and began to read Louise's story, ‘Above the Storm’.

The girl sat glued till the bargaining was over. When it was time to go, the girl reluctantly returned the phone and asked Louise about the author of the story. Louise said she was the one who wrote it. 

"You wrote this? Unbelievable! I have never read a story this interesting in forever. And it's so clean and godly, nothing like the junk I see every time. Please, tell me you will continue it. You should share this online. People will love your work," the girl gushed.

"This is crazy. No one knows me online. Who would read my work?" Louise thought to herself, smiling sheepishly at the girl's compliment.

However, she couldn't shake off the girl's statement even for days. That girl had even gone on to collect her number so that she would follow Louise's socials.

"Lord, is this you? Should I go ahead?"

She pulled out her phone after a long moment of prayer. She sensed in her heart that she should give it a shot.
While everyone slept, she began to edit the first few chapter drafts.

At 6:00 am that fateful Saturday, bleary-eyed from staying up all night, Louise hit publish and let out a big sigh. Now, her work was out there for the world to see. She hoped this wouldn't backfire.

~~~

What's your take on this Louise character?

Love her? Think she's boring or too scared for your own liking?

Don't forget to make the star shine (In summary, vote). Also, please comment and share with your friends.