Chapter Six

"No..." Lucy's voice sounded hollow.

If her body was numb after Chris it was nonexistent now. She couldn't feel anything, it was honestly a miracle she was still standing.

Lucy could vaguely hear Nolan get on his radio. "Control, this is 7-Adam-15. We need a supervisor at our location immediately. Missing person just turned into a potential serial killer, likely connected to Rosalind Dyer."

"Wha- serial killer? What do you mean serial killer?!" Katie's voice was frantic.

"Ma'am there isn't anything we can tell you right now. Is there any more information you can tell us about last night?" Nolan sounded calm but Lucy could tell the picture shook him too.

Nolan's words however, must not have registered to Katie. The girl sunk her nails into her bare arms as tears flooded her eyes. "She's dead." Her knees gave out. Lucy stepped forward and was quick enough to catch her before she hit the ground. "Darla's dead!" She was sobbing.

Lucy held Katie tight. "We don't know that." She was speaking softly, trying to calm the broken woman in her arms.

Harsh sobs wrecked Katie's body as she shook in Lucy's arms. Lucy tightened her embrace, tears flowing down her own face. "Katie, I'm so sorry."

The two women stayed like that, Katie wrapped in Lucy's arms, tears streaking both of their faces, until Sergeant Gray pulled up.

"Nolan." Grey spoke quietly and waved him over to the shop. "How's Chen?"

"She's shook, which is to be expected. She's s cop though, through and through so she's trying to hide what she's feeling." Nolan spoke quietly.

"Of course she is, that's Chen." Grey gave what almost looked like a proud smile. "Anyways, what makes you think that this missing persons is now a serial killer? Much less, a serial killer connected to Rosalind?" Grey's tone was completely serious now.

"Katie, Darla's partner, received a picture. She confirmed it was Darla's torso with a day of death tattoo. Just like what Caleb did to Lucy."

"Damn." Grey drug his hand across his mouth. "I can't believe this is happening, again."

"Yeah." Nolan paused. "What should we do now?"

"Now, we get that woman off of Chen, and get them both down to the station." Grey let out a sigh. "And someone needs to call Bradford."

"Right, because this will take up your time and we need another sergeant ." Nolan stated.

"No. Because there's no way in hell he's going to leave Chen's side." Grey started towards the two women. "And I don't want to be the one his anger is directed towards if he finds out about this hours from now."