Chapter Twenty

Lucy woke up to loud pounding on the door again. Had Lyon and Wisco come back after the show she and Tim put on?

Lyon's voice boomed through the door. "Put your clothes on, we're meeting downstairs in 10." She looked at the alarm clock on the nightstand. The neon green numbers read 2:00 a.m.

Lucy released a shaky breath. She was still tangled up with Tim but could tell the pounding and yelling made him just as alert as she was.

Lucy quickly took her eyes away from Tim. Images of the night ran through her memory. His rough hands exploring her body, his muscular arms holding her to him as though she would disappear. They had stopped before anything went too far even though she wanted to go as far as possible.

"Luce?" Tim's arms tightened around her. 

Had he said something? "Huh- Yeah?"

"We have to get dressed. We don't want to be late for this." She nodded in response. Tim leaned over and brushed some hair out of her eyes. "I know we need to talk about this, and we will. Promise me what happened between us won't distract you during the job." He cupped his hand on her cheek. "I can't have anything happen to you, Lucy."

Her entire body fluttered. "I'm good. Promise." She smiled at him.

The side of Tim's mouth twitched upward. "Good. Now come on." He pulled her out of bed, tossed her the shirt she'd discarded a few hours ago, and started getting dressed.

When Lyon had said to meet downstairs Lucy expected the lobby, not the dark dingy delivery hold.

"Alright!" Lyon was checking his weapons. The man had clearly not slept which only concerned Lucy more. "Here's the plan. Madris is staying at the Bellagio. We had a guy hack the system and get his room number. Wisco is already there securing the room and elevator key. Krupka has him set up in the penthouse suite, in order to get up there we have to use these secluded elevators." Lyon motioned to a section of the hotel floor plan. "The elevators are located off the VIP lounge behind unmarked blue doors at the edge of the casino near the conservatory. This is the easy part, once we get up there we won't know the exact number of guards Krupka will have on Madris. Jake, Sava, this is your job. You'll distract and take out as many guards you can while we hood and tie Madris. Getting back down and out will be the most difficult part, if all goes well we'll be able to get out the way we came in. If that's not feasible Wisco is also going to set up a line 3 floors down that leads to the roof of a neighboring building. Question? No. Good."

Lucy had many, many questions unfortunately for her Lyon was not in the mood for them. She glanced at Tim. How did he feel about this? This plan was full of holes and flaws, someone was going to get hurt... or worse.

Lyon yanked a chain, opening a garage door. Outside was a black van, Sway was there loading up his ominous cases filled to the brim with all weapons imaginable.

A sharp shove to her spine brought Lucy's attention back to the situation. "Move it," Lyon growled in her ear. She noticed Tim flinch but he didn't move. "You're already on thin ice after your stupid display with that skank yesterday."

Lucy slightly rolled her eyes but got into the van nonetheless. Tim slid in next to her, squeezing her hand. The small gesture soothed her, the idea of fighting an unknown number of people was stressing her out. She worked well with Tim, they could hold their own and usually overpowered their adversaries. Considering the usual encounter was an inexperienced druggie, the knowledge that the people they would be fighting later were most likely trained in some type of defense honestly scared her.

The van paraded through the streets of Las Vegas. Their group made several stops before returning to the strip and the Hotel Bellagio. Lucy didn't know what Lyon had picked up but realized she probably didn't want to.

The van pulled up to yet another service entrance where they met Wisco. Tim and Lucy were given masks to cover their faces from the cameras. Sway distributed his arsenal to the group and then the mission was a go. The group as a whole would take the elevators up to the floor just below the penthouse. Tim and Lucy would remain in the elevator and travel to the final floor while the others took the stairs.

"Luce?" She shot her head towards Tim. "You can't be distracted. We're about to ambush who knows how many guards that will definitely want to kill us. I need you focused."

Lucy simply nodded. "I know, you're right."

"I got a text to Angela while we were loading into the van. She's trying to rally LVPD but it's taking a while. I don't know how long we'll be here without backup." His voice was uneasy. Tim was nervous too.

Lucy reached down and squeezed his hand. She needed him to know she loved him, she had to tell him now before it was too late. She opened her mouth, ready to confess however, the only sound that filled the small space was the ding of the elevator. They were there, it was time to fight.