positive | r.h.

(in my redemption arc 😋)

rodrick and you have been trying for a baby for months, but it never worked. you felt hopeless. like motherhood wasn't meant for you. you thought about giving up for a while, 'maybe we can try in a couple years' you thought. but this time was different. unlike the times before, you felt sick in the morning, rushing to the toilet the second you tried eating something. your period was two weeks late.

while rodrick was making lunch you told him you were going to the store to pick up a few things, when really you were picking up a pregnancy test. when you got to the register and sat your items down on the counter, grabbing a package of paper towels and a bag of sweets so he wouldn't be suspicious, the store clerk glanced at you, noticing the obvious nervousness. "good luck" she mouthed as you were about to walk out. you nodded, giving her a small smile.

on the car ride home you picked at the skin below your nails, the radio playing softly as an attempt to soothe your anxiety. 'what if we're not ready to bring another life into this burden of life?' you thought to yourself. 'no no no. rodrick wants this, i want this.' you responded to your negative thoughts.

you ran downstairs, the test clung in your sweaty palms.

"hey baby i was just abou- woah woah woah, what's with the tears honey? what's wrong?" rodrick asked, worried at your visible state of shock.

you took a deep breath.

'this is it'

you set the test down in rodricks hand, your hands still shaking.

he looked down, gently turning it over.

'positive' it read.

rodrick's mouth was agape, his eyes watering as looked at you then back at the white and blue stick. "p-positive..?" he asked, his voice shaking.

you nodded. tears streamed down your face.

"we're having a baby." you whispered, your hands covering your mouth in shock.

"WE'RE HAVING A BABY!!" rodrick yelled, lifting your feet off the ground and spinning you around (taylor swift reference).

you laughed and wrapped your arms around his neck embracing him into a loving kiss.

he got down on his knees in front of you and lifted up your shirt to reveal your tummy.

"i love you so much already." he said with his hand in your stomach while kissing it. you giggled at his actions, lifting his hands to pull him up so you could kiss him.

"you're gonna be the best momma ever, i know it." he whispered, his hands cupping your face as he kissed you softly.

"i love you so much rodrick heffley." you said, your forehead pressed against his.

"i love you more y/f/n."