(21) Cognitive Collaboration, Contrast and Cooperation

"Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity. Beauty doesn't need ornaments. Softness can't bear the weight of ornaments. Jewellery is like the perfect spice - it always complements what's already there."

𝗜𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗣𝗔𝗟𝗔𝗖𝗘 𝗢𝗙 𝗛𝗔𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗔𝗣𝗨𝗥:-

Hastinapur is described as the 'great city', which is like the ocean

Hastinapur is described as the 'great city', which is like the ocean. 'It is full of hundreds of palaces, with gates, arches and turrets that looked like masses of clouds. It looked like Indra's great capital. The people happily enjoyed themselves in rivers, wooded groves, lakes, ponds, hills and beautiful woods.' The Kurus, it goes on to say, 'increased the loveliness of the city manifold. They built wells, resting palaces, assemblies, tanks and residence for the Brahmanas.' Fact or flight of poetic fancy!

Hastinapur (also mentioned as Hastinapura) in the Mahabharata is the capital of the Kurus. The city is first mentioned in the Adi Parva of the Mahabharata. The important events in the Mahabharat took place in the city and power struggle for its throne is the main theme. The city was situated on an old bed of Ganga River known as Budhi Ganga. The meaning Hastinapur translates as the city of elephants. It is widely believed that wild elephants roamed in the region (present Punjab - Haryana states in India). Perhaps the name indicates this wildlife phenomenon.

There was a major contradiction going on between the kauravas, Dhritarashtra and their grandsire Bheeshma regarding the invitation of janmashtami.

Bheeshma:- Putra Dhritarashtra, make your sons understand that they should accept this invitation from indraprastha! This is an auspicious event and it is completely unknown you how many kings wait for this opportunity to be a part of janmashtami! Don't let your sons to be covered with the darkness of unrighteousness!

Dhritarashtra:- But they aren't listening to me, Pitamah! I can't do anything in this matter!

Gandhari:- Pitamah, why don't you yourself try to make them understand about this matter?

Bheeshma:- Do you think, putri that I didn't try! They have not listened to me!

Gandhari:- We all know how much auspiciousness Krishna holds in himself! Since his birth, he is extremely divine and mysterious as well! I don't know why they aren't listening to us!

Vidur:- Please pardon me for this, Maharaani; but I don't think your sons will listen to anyone else except the advice of their maternal uncle!

Bheeshma:- Absolutely right, putra! This same thing also sparked in my mind!

Dhritarashtra:- But Pitamah, if Gandhar raaj has given them advice to do so, what can be his benefit in this? He simply can tell it! I don't think, Shakuni has said anything to my sons!