Chapter 1 : Unpacking

° Third Person °

Y/N was walking back home after another shift at work. She felt slightly anxious since Alice was staying home, you didn't remember why bit she did. The streets were desolate and lamps illuminated the sidewalk, but everything around seemed darker. As you continued to walk a man ahead of you could be seen, from where you stand he was just a silhouette. Y/N turned around to walk in the opposite direction but the silhouette appeared before her, it was Miguel. She was about to run until he grabbed hold of her, Y/N's screams were muffled and distorted...

"Y/N wake up!"

° Current time : 11:54 AM °

° Y/N POV °

You wake up in a cold sweat, if felt like you just finished running a marathon as it was difficult to breath. Alice was next to you and she seemed worried by how distressed you are.

"Y/N are you okay? Did you have another nightmare?"

Alice asked softly, you had controlled your breathing now and slightly relaxed just to know it was only a dream. A bad one. And the same one since you've moved here, during the first 5 times Alice encouraged you to seek help. But you refused, thinking it wasn't that serious.

"I'm fine, just... Need something to eat."

She didn't seem to believe you as Alice raised her brow, but didn't comment on it any further. It seems you don't want to talk about the dream anymore.

"Well why don't we go out to eat, my treat."

"Last time we went somewhere you picked out we both puked in the stalls."

"Okay, so they accidentally used expired mozzarella, at least I got my money back."

You sighed, trying to decide what to eat. Then something popped up, you remembered there was a new diner a few miles away.

"Why not Aunty's Shack, I've seen a few pictures on they're Instagram and the food looks pretty good."

"Yeah that sounds good, I'll go change real quick. You should do the same Y/N."

Just like that, Alice left you alone in your bedroom. You sat up and stretched out your back, a long yawn escaped your tired voice. You lazily stood up from your bed and walked over to the tall mirror hanging on the door. Looking down you saw the scars on your thigh, a cold chill ran through your spine. You had made a cut of a X mark to block his initial, the memory of him licking off the blood rushed through your mind.

"I'm so fucking done with this..."

You walked over to your wardrobe and picked out a casual outfit of your choice, it was decently presentable. Y/N fixed her hair and washed her face, makeup didn't seem necessary right now. Walking out of your room Alice was waiting on the couch on her phone, she seemed to be dressed a little too nice for just going out for brunch.

"Are you going somewhere after?"

"Hm? Oh yeah, I'm planning to see Manuel afterwards. So will you be okay by yourself today?"

"I'm not 5, Alice. I'll be fine."

"Sometimes you act 5."

"No I don't."

"Just a bit, anyways ready to go?"

You said yes and the two of you walked out the apartment, being greeted by the subtle cold breeze of autumn. Fall in Vegas was very different from New York. You both walk down the flight of stairs and to the small parking lot. Recently Alice bought a white Jeep and decorated the interior. There was a classic fluffy dice hanging off the rear-view window. The floor mats were cut-outs of fake grass and it was even in the cup holders, to Y/N it was weird but she didn't mind. You waited in the passenger seat for Alice to start the car.

"Y/N could you search up the address."

"Sure."

You pulled put your phone to search up Aunty's Shack on Google when an Amber Alert popped up on your screen. The same happened to Alice's phone.

ALERT! ESCAPED CONVICT.
LAST SPOTTED IN DENVER, COLORADO
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION

"Denver, that's far from here. Why would they send a amber alert here?"

You ignored Alice talking to herself as you felt the warmth from your skin go dead cold, there is no way. It couldn't be him. Can it?

"It's him, it has to be him!!"

"Wow wow Y/N calm down! It could be anyone they weren't specific. Maybe it's just a chick and not even a dude. Please calm down."

"But we don't know that Alice!"

"Exactly! We don't. Look, we can stay home and order our food on GrubHub so we don't have to leave the apartment. Is that cool with you?"

"Yeah, I'm chill with that idea."

"Do you want me to stay with you, I can just text Manuel and-"

"No you don't have to Alice, it's been what a week since you last saw him. I wouldn't want my paranoia to ruin that for you."

"Are you sure Y/N?"

"Positive."

The two of you head back up the stairs and to your apartment, number 45 in silver. Upon entering back inside you plopped on to the couch and Alice placed the order. The wait was only 15 minutes so you two decided to kill time and watch Two Broke Girls. But you couldn't shake off the anxious feeling, your body just felt jittery and full of adrenaline. But with Alice by your side you felt safer, comfortable and not as worried. Your bad thoughts subside as the two of you laugh at the jokes from the show...

.
.
.

.
.
.

VOꟼ ꙅ'|ɘuǫiM