Chapter 3 : Spilled Drinks

° Third Person °

In their small apartment Alice and Y/N were stuck in separate rooms and hurrying themselves to get ready for their shift that started 10 minutes ago.

"Y/N where's my eyelash curler!"

Alice calls from the other room across from Y/N.

"It's on my desk!"

Y/N fixed her hair in the tall mirror on her door, tucking the hem of her black button-up in her black jeans. Staring at herself in the mirror for a second too long she glanced up at her neck. A scar from him. It made her shiver and turn away, Alice came in fully dressed in the same attire.

"Are you ready to go Y/N?"

"Yeah, but we need to drive. Walking is definitely not an option right now."

"Right, let me get my keys."

The two quickly leave the apartment and to the parking lot, hopping into Alice's Jeep.

. . .

Once they arrived and entered through the backdoor they were greeted by they're manager Michelle who was waiting at the clock-in machine.

"Care to explain why you're 20 minutes late?"

Y/N felt slightly nervous to respond, luckily Alice did for the two of you.

"We lost track of time Michie, please don't be mad at us."

"Ugh, you know I don't like that nickname."

"It was either that or Mickey."

"Now I prefer Michie, anyways please get here before 5:30 next time. I had to keep a few of the bartenders here after-work and they're definitely not happy."

"It won't happen again, we guarantee."

"Just clock-in and get behind the bar already."

.
.
.

Outside of the bar was a sign that had white Neon lettering of the name, The Leaking Cherry. It was written in cursive and next to it on the right was a martini glass and a red cherry against it. He walked inside the club and the roar of music filled the atmosphere, people crowded on the main floor. Walking up a flight of stairs he leaned against the railing and scanned the area, looking for someone...

Current Time : 5:58 PM

° Y/N's POV °

It's already been 10 minutes on the clock and you can't wait to go back home afterwards. Sure you loved this job but recently you've just been feeling drained, but now it's time to put in some effort if you want to keep this job. Taking out a tall glass filled with ice, pouring in a few liquors and a splash of soda you served a few Long Islands Ice Teas to the customers on the right. Placing a tiny umbrella before hand as a finishing touch to the drink. You washed a few glasses in the little time your not being called over, slowly day dreaming into your own world. A pat on the back was what brought you back to reality.

"Come on Y/N you gotta focus."

"Oh sorry Michi- I mean Michelle."

"It's fine just keep working hard, if anything I'll be in the kitchen."

Going back to serving beverages a few girls were giggling they're asses off nearby. A party of 4 with one of the girls wearing a white sash reading 'Birthday Girl' and it seems they might have too much to drink.

"Hey girlie! Mind if you get me and my girls a few shots of silver tequila?"

One of the girls asked and tried to appear sober, but her wording was slurred and she wobbled in her heels slightly.

"I'm sorry I can, it's just club policy."

"That's stupid, I'm only asking for one more shot not the whole damn bar."

"If you have a problem with it I'd advise you go home."

And here comes the birthday girl in all her glory as she catches herself on the bar, pointing her store bought red press-on nails at you.

"If my girls want a drink they get one, so could you do your damn job and get us shots."

"Look lady, like I said I can't. Besides you can barely walk, let alone stand."

"Your such a bitch!"

Before you could react or even respond one of the girls splash they're drink at you. Dousing you in what smells like tequila and sprite, it soaked your shirt and slid down to your pants. Anger was boiling inside you as you shot them a dirty look.

"You asshole!"

As you were going to shout again Alice came quickly and stopped you, along with someone else behind the bar. Looking to your left was Alice and on your right was the familiar British musician, Hobie Brown. He started doing live shows around the block and a few times here at this club. In a few seconds you watched as security came by and escorted the girls out.

"God I reek of alcohol."

"Yeah and that was the drink I served her too."

"Is that really relevant Al?"

"Sorry Y/N, and Hobie you know your not supposed to be back here."

"I just wanted to stop by luv. Is that so bad?"

You leave the two to talk with each other as you awkwardly walk through the second kitchen and found Michelle talking with a few servers. Seems she spotted you since Michelle turned around and looked confused and concerned.

"Y/N what happened? Why are you all wet?"

"Some chick threw her drink at me after I refused to give her another."

"Well why did you do that?"

"Because she was already wasted, I couldn't serve more."

"I see, sadly it seems she didn't appreciate it."

"You think. Anyways I came to ask of I could head home for the night."

"Just for tonight, I'll have to call someone in and see of they will fill in for you."

"Thank you Michelle."

"No problem Y/N, now go home already."

You say your goodbyes to Alice and Hobie and walked out the back door and to the Jeep. As you walked you heard subtle footsteps behind you, you turn your head slightly to catch a glimpse of who it was. But no one was there. Slightly paranoid you walked faster into the car and drive back to the apartment...

° Third Person °

Watching from afar as she drove off M̶i̶g̶u̶e̶l̶ entered into his own vehicle and followed closely. The drive wasn't to long as he parked just outside of the apartment complex and watched Y/N walk out the Jeep and up a small flight of stairs. As much as he loved to proceed with how far he's gotten, tonight didn't seem like a good opportunity to strike. Entering his car again he drove off into the night...