Chapter 4 : Late Night

° Current Time : 4:54 PM °

° Y/N's POV °

As you laid back and watched TV with Alice sitting alongside you on the couch, the thought of you going back to work today was the least thing you wanted to do.

"So, do you think Michelle will believe it if I called in sick today?"

"Wow your gonna leave me by myself."

"Sorry it's just, I just don't want to go to work tonight."

"So you don't get drenched again?"

"No not that, but then again I'll probably won't get paid. Ugh guess I'm going, what time is it?"

"It's almost 5, we should get ready to go, I'm gonna take a shower."

"Okay."

You watch as Alice stood up from the couch and disappeared into the hallway, looking back at the TV you decided to turn it off. That's when you heard a notification from your phone, picking it up you opened a message from an unknown number.

"Hello."

Was all it read, out of curiosity you decided to respond with a simple greeting. Waiting just a few seconds the stranger responded.

"Nice of you to respond sweetheart."

"Who is this?"

"That isn't important, what will be is me seeing you tonight."

You have a slight suspicion who this person might be and it made your skin crawl, but maybe you could be wrong.

"I'm sorry but I think you've got the wrong number."

"I don't think so, I know who I'm talking to."

"If your so sure what's my name?"

No response, you waited with anticipation for the person to respond. A few minutes pass and it seems whoever it was, wasn't going to text back. Throwing your phone to the side you walk to the kitchen for a snack, going back to your phone there was still no new messages. You simply rolled your eyes and walked to your room to get ready for work.

. . .

It's almost time for you two to leave and Alice is just barely getting ready, on the couch you watched YouTube as you waited.

"Alice are you done yet!"

You called out to her, your eyes not leaving the phone screen.

"Yeah just give me a minute!"

"Well you better hurry up if you don't want Michelle to be pissed off at us again!"

Alice rushed into the living-room with her shirt buttons mixed up as she hurriedly puts on her shoes. Standing up from the couch you walked over to Alice and help her fix the buttons on her shirt.

"Do you have a habit of doing things at the last minute?"

"Trust me Y/N, I try not to."

The two of you head out and to the parking lot, clicking the unlock button the headlights of your car flicker on.