Chapter 2 : Home Alone

° Current Time : 1:05 PM °

° Y/N's POV °

Y/N was currently sitting on the living-room couch watching ROCKY. Some boxing movie and you were almost halfway finished with it. Alice had left 5 minutes ago to her boyfriend's house, her and Manuel really kicked it off when they started talking a few months ago. Sometimes you wonder if your ready for a relationship, but after what happened dating wasn't a priority. Taking care of yourself was, but it hasn't been showing lately.

You changed out of the outfit from earlier and into more comfortable attire, such as black leggings and a hoodie. Picking up the mug of chamomile tea you made earlier you took a sip, the taste was soothing. You debating on going out, after receiving that amber alert your anxiety didn't really cool down. Then you remembered something, after Anthony found you the two of you kept in contact. You thought about giving him a call, but it seemed like a waste of time since he lived across the state from you. But you decided to give him a call anyways, it wouldn't hurt to say hi.

RING... RING...

"Y/N! Glad you called because you just got me out of a run-in with some coworker of mine and I needed an excuse to walk away. So what's up?"

"Hey sorry if I called while your on the clock, should I call you later or?-"

"Oh no no it's fine, I'm actually on my lunch break. So how have you been?"

"I've been okay, just had some bomb ass food from this new place a little far from my place. I'd recommend it to you, but that's if you want to take a plane."

"I mean you could always deliver it to me by mail."

You chuckled at his joke, whenever you guys talk it's always fun and allows you to relax and even after a stressful day at work.

"Yeah I'll think about it, how's it over at New York?"

"Weird, recently just figured out a case about a boy being kidnapped. Turns out the culprit was his own dad, and the father's reasoning was barbaric. He thought keeping his son from his mom would encourage her to stay with him. Apparently the two had a nasty argument and the mother threatened to leave."

"Wow, I swear men are so stupid."

"I'm right here Y/N."

"I mean those types of men, not you of course you dork."

"I know I'm just messing with you. So was there a reason you called, usually you do when something is bothering you."

You gulped, it seems even through the phone he caught on. Maybe it's a good idea to talk to him about it, get some reassurance out of it to clear her mind.

"Apparently someone broke out of the same prison Miguel is being held in.."

"In Colorado? But that's very far from where you are, why would you be worrying about that?"

"Because I got an amber alert about it, here in Vegas. So whoever it was is out of Colorado and around my area."

"And you think it's Miguel? Y/N it's been a year and a half since you last saw that lunatic."

"I know. But I can't help it, I feel too anxious now and slightly afraid to even walk out of the apartment. And I have work tomorrow!"

"Y/N just take a breath. You're going to be okay and nothing is gonna happen. If you want I could get in contact with the Vegas Department about the search."

"You don't have to do that Anthony."

"Just so that you feel safe, I will."

A weird feeling formed in her stomach, a slight fluttering feeling. Hearing him say those words so sincerely was nice. It made your heart flutter. You couldn't help but smile softly, you didn't know Anthony cared about you this much.