Chapter 8 : Last of You

(⚠️WARNING⚠️)
(EXPLICIT CONTENT AHEAD)

BANG BANG BANG.

.
.
.

° Third Person °

She screamed and ducked down as glass shattered and rained down, a few shards cutting her hands and face. Looking over her shoulder was Hobie, hand over his arm and coming from inside was distorted shouting. Hadn't realizing her ears were practically ringing irritably and her body was physically shaking. With a strong tug Hobie brought Alice to her feet and the two rushed towards the dense woods next to the cabin.

Her hearing was slowly coming back to her and the sound of a shotgun being racked encouraged the two to not stop running.

BANG BANG BANG.

More shots fired that crashed into the thick wood of pine trees and the earth below them.

"Holy shit holy shit holy shit!!"

"Just keep running Al!"

As her breathe was straining that didn't stop her from running, and ahead of Hobie as her fear fueled to keep going.

BANG BANG.

And a scream, turning around there Hobie laid on the ground and the silhouette of a man heading towards them nearby. Alice was about to run towards him but he shouted..

"Alice just run! Run!"

Staring down at Hobie teary eyed and at Miguel who was just a few feet away and reloading, was reluctant on the decision and ran. The cold wind whistled past her ears as her boots crunched on the leaves scattered on the ground.

BANG.

The gunshot she heard from the distance made Alice heavily regret leaving Hobie to defend himself. Now he's dead and she's alone, running in this endless terrain of trees and tall grass with the moon shining bright above her. She leaned against the bark of a thick oak to catch her breath, feeling the tightness of her lungs inflating against her ribcage. How did everything get so bad so quickly?! Hobie's dead and now Miguel's hunting her down.

"What the fuck, what the fuck.."

Alice crouched down and tried to relax as she was now in such a dire situation, her heart practically stopped as a soft crunch of leaves and a shotgun being racked could be heard nearby. No no no no no!!

"No no no, I can't die! Not here, if I just stay quiet then he'll walk past me..."

Alice talked to herself quietly as she could since she was still breathing heavily. Listening with anticipation as Miguel's footsteps could be heard getting closer, and closer. Alice was beginning to panic at this point, but heard his steps trail off in the opposite direction. Placing a hand over her heart a sudden wave of relief washed over her, then checked to see if he's truly gone. Peeping her head from behind the trunk she saw no sign of Miguel. Quietly she walked up the small hill and down the steep side to see Hobie laying on the leaf covered Earth.

Quickly she walked down the hill and to the man, crouching down to check where's he's been injured. There she saw a large gash on the side of his hip and was still bleeding out slowly. A soft grunt from Hobie eased the worried soul of Alice as she hugged him tightly.