𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟒

After we saw the queue at the drive-through that was about a million miles long, I decided to just quickly run into the building and get the drinks at the register.

I let my eyes wander over the employee as I ordered. He was actually really attractive. He has black, curly hair and had grey eyes. His face was adorned with high cheekbones and plump lips. He was about 6'0 and wore a black shirt and pants with a green apron with the Starbucks logo on it.

He smiled at me as I payed: „Wait a moment, okay? And... can I maybe get your number? You're very pretty. My name's Elliot by the way." „Oh wow thanks! And sure.", I said flattered as I typed my number into his phone.

I had a neutral realationship with my looks. I had dark brown hair and green eyes. My nose was pretty normal, not a button nose but also not chrooched. I was about 5'7 and my body was decorated with a few scars I got from my father over the years. One right next to my left eye.

After he handed me the 4 drinks, we said our goodbyes and I walked out of the shop. Alex opened the door from the inside for me as I approached the car. I gave him a thankful smile and handed the boys their drinks.

„This time I choose the music!", Killian exclaims while smirking. I rolled my eyes but also laughed. So, on the way back, we listened to Killians playlist, which mostly consists of Chase Atlantic and The Neighborhood. Not the worst.

It was now already 9pm. We just came back from dinner and I wanted to get changed into something more comfortable. Ares had to get something from some other students room. That's the reason I just decided to not go to the bathroom and go just quickly change in the room. I grabbed grey sweatpants and a dark blue Nike hoodie.

I threw on the pants but right as I got off my shirt and only stood there in my bra, the door opened and Ares walked in. At first he didn't notice me, but when he looked up he froze and I could swear I saw him blushing a little: „Oh sorry! I'll wait outside."

I quickly got on my hoodie: „No, it's fine. I just should've changed in the bathroom."

„Okay... the guys wanted to ask if we want to hang out in Killian and Luciens room?", he asked after getting himself together.

„Sure!", I answered before grabbing my phone that was laying on my bed. He nodded and gave me a sign to follow him, which I did.

Ares opened the door to the room, which made Lucien snort indignantly: „Hey! I could've been naked!" „Like I care.", Ares answered. Me and the other boys just laughed at this. Lucien and Ares now also grinned.

I let myself fall on the bed Alex, Zayn and Killian sat on. Ares sat next to me and Lucien did the same.

We started to play UNO and of course, I won. Not. Ares won. The same in the second round. And in the third round.

„I don't wanna play this anymore. Ares always wins.", I sighed annoyed while having a grin planted on my lips.

„Yeah, let's watch a movie.", Killian agreed with me.

After 20 minutes of fighting it was already 9:30pm. Sadly, Zayn won. That's why we were watching his favorite movie now. Birdbox. FUCKING BIRDBOX. Who the fuck likes horror movies?!

Already after the half movie, I knew why I didn't watch this movie yet. Why I didn't watch any horror movie yet. I flinched about 20 times already. I felt like drinking bleach would be a better option than to watch any horror movie ever again.

At one scene, I flinched extra hard. Alex put his arm around my shoulder: „You don't have to be scared Lia, I'll protect you." He winked at me.

I felt a pair of eyes on the side of my head. As I turned to my left, Ares was look was twitching between me and Alex. He didn't look very amused. But when he noticed me looking at him, he quickly looked away. What was his problem?

I actually felt a bit better with Alex' arm around me. Also, I felt tired. Like, really tired. Out of nowhere. I don't know why. I could barely keep my eyes open.

I slowly felt my eyes getting heavier and finally fully closing.

The next thing I felt was that strong, muscular arms were picking me up. I slowly opened my eyes, still feeling very sleepy. I looked directly into Ares' ice blue eyes. I opened my mouth to say something. What I would say wasn't clear yet.

„Shh, it's fine. Go back to sleep.", Ares whispered while having a small smiled on his lips. Who was this? This can't be Ares? The cold hearted Ares? It was the same as last night. He was so.. soft and nice.

I noticed that I still didn't do anything but stare into his eyes. The most beautiful eyes I've ever seen.

The next thing I felt, was the bed under my back and Ares taking his arms away from me, sadly. Wait, what did I just think?!

I just mumbled a quick thanks. He smiled at me again, showing his perfect row of white teeth. Okay, right now, I think he did it on purpose. What did he do to make me not being able to stop staring at him.

„Goodnight Ophelia, sleep well.", he said while still towering over me. I don't know what, but he made me feel something when he said my name.

I just copied what he just said and quickly closed my eyes again. I heard him walking over to the bathroom and then the sound of a door getting closed.

When I thought about what just happened, I had exactly one though: WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED.

Did I just get butterflies because of Ares? My roommate that I've known for like 2 days? Why did I have to stare at him? Oh my god hopefully I didn't blush.

Those were my thoughts that were going through my head while I tried to fall back asleep. And his eyes. I just couldn't get them off my mind.

A few minutes later, I heard Ares closing the bathroom door and laying in his bed.

No matter what I did, I just couldn't sleep. Why did I have to open my eyes when I woke up in his arms?! Just why?!

Heyyy I hope you liked this chapter and sorry that you had to wait so long. 😭 I came back from vacation and had some things to do. Maybe I'll even update again today because I'm in such a writing rush rn and I didn't update in so long. :)

What did you think of this chapter? 🤭

Lots of love and thank you for all the support 💓💓