Chapter 4

"I am Dronaputra Ashwatthama"

"👁️👄👁️"

"What happened Devi ?Why do you look so shocked ?

"Nothing" Anne said as she began analysing  his face and her eyes fell on the gem in his forehead.

'The Gem, It is one of the Artifacts I have to retrieve'

"So Ashwatthama, tell me about that gem in your forehead"

"I  was born with this precious gem on my head. This gem makes me   invincible. It eradicates hunger, thirst, disease as well as fear of weapons, robbers, rakshasas, nagas and even gods."He explained

"Cool"She said in English

"Thank you even though I didn't understand what you said "

"So like does it ever falls off your forehead"Anne asked

"No it doesn't. I was born with it ,So it's like a part of me " He said

"But what if someone tries to steal it  for like some purpose "

"Why would someone try  steal it?
If they want  it then they will have to face me "he said

"I don't know, maybe for a good purpose  ?she said

"Stealing is never  good and  also taking it out will be like taking a part of my body "He stated

"Okay"

"You ask some really weird questions Devi ."

"What about you devi ? Tell me something about yourself"

"Me?"

"Yes you "

"My name is Savitri, I am the daughter of a merchant in Mithila.
I came here to meet some relatives of mine "

'Thank god I didn't accidentally say my real name. practicing in the mirror really did worked'

"Then how did you end you in the forest ?"

I wasn't prepared for this question. Just act innocent and speak slowly Anne '

"I don't know ,maybe I lost the way "

"Don't worry Devi ,I will make sure you reach there safely. So where do your relatives live ?"

"Ummm  they live in Panchal "she said in a hurry .

"Panchal ?"he asked more likely to himself  as his eyebrows  began to furrow deeply .

"Yes"

"It's okay you don't have to drop me off .I can go by myself. You're already  helping  me a lot by letting me stay in your house."

"It's okay Devi ,it is our dharm to help people"he stated

"Okay if you say so" she said

'Then maybe I can make him unconscious with my sleeping pills on the way and probably take the gem out of his forehead.but he said that the gem's like a body part to him. What should I do now.he has been nice to me and helping me . I'm stuck in a moral dilemma .Maybe I should just eat first and then think about it. professor Rai said that hundreds of years will be mere hours in the present, So I probably have a lot of years to think about it .'

" Savitri, Is there something bothering you?"he asked

" No,why would I be bothered ? And also can you call me Devi"

"Okay if you say so Devi "he said

She liked hearing people calling her Devi. Ashwatthama's gem is a  crucial artifact that she has to retrieve. Now that she is with him, It would be easier to take it from him.

Well grandma told me  the story about Ashwatthama's  gem getting seized  by Shree Krishna during the mahabharata war.maybe then I can wait for the war to happen and when he seizes it I will ask him to give it to me so I can save the world and he will give it to me  since he is God an will probably know why I need it and in the meantime I'll go retrieve the other artifacts.Yes that would be good,Iam a genius . '

She felt proud of herself for finally being able to get out of this moral dilemma.She started to ask him about the other artifacts since then it would be easier to find them. She pulled out her pen and wrote ten names on it and gave it to Ashwatthma.

"Can you tell me where I can find these things ?"

He bursted out laughing.

"Devi these are Divya astras, they are not to be found but to be learned from a guru "he explained

"What?"

"Yes,you've heard it right"

' Why didn't  professor tell me anything about it. I need to listen to the recordings as soon as I reach his home. '

"But why are you enquiring about these things?"he asked

"Just for fun"she replied

"You are one strange woman and your clothes are even more stranger than you "He said

"Well,these clothes are made for a special occasion"she said

'Thank god I chose to wear these long floral skirt with a simple monochrome  top and a lab coat on top of it today or else  clothes like jeans and pants would've raised suspicions'.

The rest of the journey was quiet.
After some ten minutes they reached an Ashram. They entered the compound and reached a kutiya.

"We are here" he said

"Finally we reached,My legs were dying of exhaustion!"

"Yes you look really tired,you must rest  but before that you should probably have some food"

"You are an angel Ashwatthama, I love you dude"

"😶"

"😶"

"Let's just pretend I never said that, It's hard to explain "

"Putr, Are you there ?"a beautiful voice called

"Yes Mata I have come and look who's here with me "he shouted through the door  trying to forget the forget the past few moments.

A man and a woman came in front of them .

"Mata and pitashree, this is Devi Savitri. She got lost in the forest on the  way to her relative's house.It was already nighttime so I brought her here"Ashwatthama said to his parents.

"That's a good thing you did my son"Dronacharya told his son.

"Yes putr, You did a good thing to bring her here.I've heard from the villagers that a man eating Lion roams in that  forest"Mata kripi told

Mata kripi and Dronacharya welcomed her and made her sit in the room.

Just as she sat a  loud rumbling emerged from her stomach making everyone attention  diverted towards her. she became red as a beet.

"You must be hungry putri let me prepare some food for you" she said as she went away to the kitchen.

"Putr,you were supposed to reach home in the evening, What took you so long ? Did some problem arised ?"

"No pitashree,No problem arised I was just helping a man to pull his cart to his home since his buffalo got injured"Ashwatthama explained and Dronacharya complimented him and started to tell him some things about dharma.

"Putri ?"

"Yes ?"

______________________________________________________________________________

Couldn't wait for Saturday
So just began writing 💕💕

Anne's gonna be real cringy  sometimes so get used to it 💕💕