Chapter 13

Anne lounged near the balcony, munching on chips, as the servants pampered her with a spa session. With a carefree grin, she soaked in the luxury, savoring every moment of this brief escape. Life was good, and in those chips and spa vibes, Anne found her slice of bliss.

Where'd she get those chips?

Well,chips weren't a thing here so she had to give a full fifteen minute lecture to the maid on how chips are made.The maid explained to the chef and voila!! She's here eating chips and having a spa session.

"This feels so nice,it must've taken thousands of cash to get this kind of authentic Ayurvedic spa treatment."

Anne leaned back in the plush chair, a grin playing on her lips as the maids delicately prepared to paint her nails with flower dye. Bowls of vibrant petals adorned the table, each hue promising a burst of natural beauty.

The maids, with gentle precision, dipped fine brushes into the petal-infused concoctions. Petals crushed into a palette of pastels, releasing an enchanting fragrance. They delicately swept the brush across Anne's nails, transforming them into miniature canvases of floral art.

Each stroke carried a whisper of nature, as if the essence of the flowers infused the very tips of her fingers. Anne marveled at the intricate patterns forming, a kaleidoscope of colors that mirrored the blossoms surrounding her. The air hummed with the soothing rhythm of petals meeting nails, creating a serene symphony of indulgence.

As the maids continued their artistry, Anne closed her eyes, immersed in the sensory feast. The brush danced, petals kissed her nails, and for those moments, she felt like a part of the blooming garden, her fingertips adorned with the elegance of nature's palette. The flower-dyed nails became not just an adornment but a whispered ode to the delicate beauty of the world.

"I always feel like someone's narrating my life,do you feel that too?" Anne asked Sudeshna, the maid painting her nails.

"Sometimes" Sudeshna spoke with a timid submissive tone, her response brief and dismissive. Her eyes focused on Anne's nails.

Their conversation was interrupted when a maid made her entry giving Anne a quick bow.

"Pranaam,Devi.The king wants to meet you"

"Let him come"

Ashwatthama entered the grand chamber with a regal presence. Spotting Anne across the room, he approached with a warm smile.

With a subtle gesture, he signaled to the maids to leave the room. "I need a moment alone with my dear friend Anne," he kindly requested. The maids curtsied and exited, leaving the two friends in a more private setting.

"Savitri, my dear friend," he exclaimed, extending his hands in greeting. "It's always a pleasure to see you. How have you been?"

"How have I been ? Dude- ,anyways look at my nails. They are fire💅🏼💅🏼✨✨"

"They indeed look pretty.We are meeting after a long time,aren't we. There's not a time I didn't miss your company"

"I know. What can i say? Everyone finds me irresistible"

"Now you're just boasting. You haven't changed, have you?" Ashwatthama muttered giving her a side eye.

"Anyways, Lookin sharp my friend, You doing weight lifts or what ?"

" Thanks for the compliment but I always looked like this, It's just that you haven't noticed it before." he trailed off.

He continued,"Savitri you...You look just the way i saw you last time, you remind me of a delicate flower in a vibrant garden. Your presence is like a blooming rose, captivating and full of grace.Your eyes, they're like the petals of a forget-me-not, deep and expressive. They hold a certain charm that lingers in the air, just like the fragrance of a jasmine in full bloom.Your smile, Savitri, is like a sunflower turning toward the sun. It brightens everything around, just like sunflowers do in a field. And your laughter, it's like the gentle rustling of leaves in the breeze, bringing joy to those fortunate enough to hear it.And your hair, it's like strands of silk, flowing like the petals of a daisy caught in a gentle wind. It adds an extra layer of elegance to your already radiant presence"

"Ashwatthama...You "

"Yes,Savitri?"

"You lost me at the third sentence,I ain't got the attention span to listen all of that. Good poetry tho"

*sighs*

"Man why did you acted like you don't know me ? I thought I'd get jailed for life. "

He looked at Anne with a solemn expression. "Savitri , my friend, in the court, I had to maintain a facade. Justice must be impartial, and if they knew of our friendship, it could cloud their judgment. I believe in your innocence, but we must let the process unfold without any perceived biases," he explained earnestly

"🙄"

Curiosity etched on his face, Ashwatthama inquired, "Savitri, I thought you were in the Northern Panchal. What brought you here? Are you still residing with your relatives?"

"Oh yes,Iam still residing there.I came for uhh.. business purposes"

Before he could inquire any further Anne changed the topic.

"By the way,How did this happen?How did you become a king ? Your hair looks amazing!" She asked even though she was not unaware of all the things happened in these previous months but you know, gotta play dumb.

And so the two friends talked, talked for a long time. They shared their experiences and everything that had happened in these past few months until a guard came and took him away. Apparently, he had a meeting with his finance minister this evening.

"You can stay here as long as you want" These were his last words before turning to leave the chambers.

"Then can I stay here forever? pretty please 🥺👉🏼👈🏼"
Anne said giving him a light skin stare.

bro was hella confused.

He turned back giving Anne a slight stare and went away without speaking a word.

"I have all the time I want now,I should plan for the future probably.
but let me sleep first, I haven't slept properly ever since I came here." Anne spoke to herself and fell asleep on the lounge.

______________________________________________________________________________

Hi guys,
I did it.I kept my promise.❣️❣️

Sorry for not uploading for a long time,I just had a lot going on these past few weeks.I failed my semester 💀💀.

Sending you all lots of love,❤️💗💖💞💘💕

Author kun 🧍🏼‍♀️