Chapter 9

At last it was time for them to go.

It was time for her to go too.

A number of chariots lined up outside
the Ashram for the princes to take them to the palace,their home.

She stood leaning on the door of the kutiya watching them take blessings  from Drona and Kripi.

It was decided that the kalpradarshan would take place after four days.

Today was the day Ashwatthama was going to drop her to Panchal.
She bid farewell to everyone and said special thanks to Drona and Mata kripi for letting her stay there and for their kind service.Slinging the backpack on her shoulder and a potli full of ladoos  which Mata kripi had made for her in her left hand, they started their journey.

She would have to find someone else to teach her since Ashwatthama can't teach her anymore.

He had already told her that he would teach her as much as she could take in that one month but after that she would have to find someone else afterwards.

The first day of the journey was so silent that one could hear the  footsteps on the path.All Anne could  think about that day was what to do after reaching Panchal cause she knew no one there.

It resulted in her being real tensed all day and Ashwatthama have seemed to notice it too but he didn't bother asking since she frequently did strange things,like the one time she was doing tiktok dances at night near the river and the  poor boy thought  she must be possessed and rushed towards her.

The next day they started their journey a little earlier so they could reach there before sunset.

She decided that she would think about the problems after reaching there since worrying about it now will only result in a headache.
Why worry now when you can worry later.

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you" She started singing feeling bored cause  the journey was long and the dude beside her won't even talk

"Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you"

"What are you singing?" He asked

" Just a famous song from my place"She told while humming to the lyrics

" What language is it ? I haven't heard a language like that anywhere"He asked

She realised that she had been acting suspicious all the time.
What if they knew she was lying?

" It's a language I created" She made an excuse.

" You created?" He said

" Yeah I did, by the way what's your favourite colour?" She tried to change the topic.

He stared at her for a sec and looked at the path in front of them again.

" I don't have a favourite colour, All colours are beautiful to me. Every colour is unique in its own and adds  beauty to this world" He said

" That's nice, Mine is Black" She told

"Why do you like that colour?"He asked.

"I don't know,I just kinda like it"She replied.

There was silence again and he seemed to be thinking something.

"What happened" Anne asked.

"I was just expecting something else, like a deep philosophical reason behind why you like that colour since you asked it all of a sudden but- Nevermind just leave it" He said.