◆ five

TW: MENTIONS OF DOMESTIC ABUSE.

The school day finished after long dragging hours, matt didnt have any classes with his friends so he ended up skipping class for the last two hours.

He walked out of the school gates and slowly wandered into town. Visiting costco before going to a thrift store was his plan. All of his friends thrifted clothes but you dont normally find good clothes unless your really lucky.

Isabel always found good clothes though, she always left with a bargain item, happier than when she entered.

He pulled a tshirt aside on the clothing rack, which was pretty high up higher than his head for some reason you bad to be at least 5'5 to reach it.

As he pulled it, his hand touched someone elses. They both pushed the shirt to look at it closer. However as the moved shirt was seperated from the others it created a gap. A gap big enough to see a person through. Matt met eyes with the person and paused immediately.

Their hands were still on each other. Their arms were in the air practically holding each other.

As soon as maeve recognized his face she took her hand back and looked him up and down.

"What are you doing here?" Matt asked.

She didnt answer, she took the jacket off the rack and turned around.

"Hey! That was mine. I wanted that." Matt replied after she took the jacket off the rack and darted.

It was a plaid jacket with fluff on the inside. She wanted it, it looked warm. He also wanted it it looked warm and comfy.

He sped-walked around the rack and grabbed her shoulder making her stop. His tight grip touched her. She didnt expect the physical contact with him. As a joke she jumped and shouted for help.

"Help me, i dont know who this man is!!" she shouted which 2 women rushed over to her rescue.

"What on earth is going on here?" one woman asked

"Are you hurt Maddam?" the other asked.

"He ran up to me and grabbed me and started squeezing me, im hurt. I dont know who he is. Please help me." She pleaded, tears starting to form in her eyes.

"Come with me ma'am" the woman with the blonde hair, clearly died multiple times, it looked dead.. took her away to the till.

The other woman, big in size and quite short grabbed Matts attention and escorted him out of the thrift shop.

He looked back to see her, she grinned as she gave the women a 10 dollar bill.

Matt wasnt about to let her get away with this. He just about got away with this, since he didnt touch her anywhere inappropriately she didnt call the cops.

As Maeve left the shop she spotted him waiting outside, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed.

She walked away from him but he jogged to catch up with her.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?" he yelled at her.

"Shut it matthew, go away you smell."

"What are we in preschool? Stop acting so childish maeve grow up."

She didnt reply, she was a particularly sensitive person normally she couldn't care less about matts opinion but it felt different now. She still didnt care, but those words hurt. Her parents are divorced and she has two younger sisters she had to look after. She didnt have much of an amazing childhood because her parents were always arguing over something petty. Shes used to covering her sisters ears with her hands or noise cancelling headphones or pillows. Locking the doors and praying she wouldn't hear smashes of glass or screams. She always found her mother with a sour face and bruises on her arms and face. Maeve also normally had bruises on her arms and legs. She was overall in a toxic environment which she hated.

She began to live on the streets four years ago. Although she had amazing friends at her side who let het stay over normally. Everyone exept Matt knows she lives on the streets. She swore everyone to secrecy.

She smelt the pollution in the air as she tried to get further away from Matt. She smelt the lovely scent of insence. She walked into the shop hoping no one saw her go in. She walked up to the counter.

"Hey baby" the woman at the counter said. "Your usual?"

"Please Marg!" She replied.

She slid the pack across the counter and a free lighter.

"Found a permanent place to stay yet doll?"

"Looking but evey thing is so expensive, id rather sleep in the gutters."

"Youll always have a bed here to stay in babe okay? Day or night ill be here, exept Saturdays you know!" She said chuckling slightly and winked..

Maeve pointed to the thing behind Marg, marg turned and grabbed it off the counter.

"Dont become addicted now doll, its on the house be safe. Remember what i said."

Maeve stuffed the stuff into her bag. She threw an air kiss towards her direction and left.

"Hope the world treats you well, pet." Marg said lightly as she watched the curly haired girl cross the road.

-

⚫⚪

⚫⚪

⚪⚫

⚪⚫

Liked by christophersturniolo and 190 others.

maeve.georgex new fave jacket 🙈

christophersturniolo where did you find that absolute steal?
maeve.georgex thrift shop x

isabel.hwang omg your so pretty

ava.weeks to look like you omg

isabel.hwang GORGEOUS GIRL

matthew.sturniolo i hate you.
message deleted.

nicolassturniolo your hair im obsessed.

»»--⍟--««