◆ eleven

The friend groups dynamic shifted and suddenly it was awkward being a group of seven. Josh and Nick were official around the group, and frankly they were the only reason the group was still as close as they were. Chris and Maeve broke up but they talked it out and agreed to still be friends for the sake of their other friends. They still had so much love for one another but Chris didnt love her like he did before, he had a bitter taste in his mouth whenever someone in school asked if she cheated on him. Every time someone asked it felt like they were laughing at him, mocking him, calling him pathetic; they weren't but it felt like it.

Maeve took a week off school, and her mental health plummeted. She had lost the most important person to her and everyone hates her now because chris was always the favourite. Thank god Josh and Nick did the deed otherwise they wouldn't still be friends with each other. 

The school week dragged but it didn't drag the bed sheets off Maeve. She slept for the whole week, not leaving her bed unless it was to eat rarely or go to the bathroom. She was bed ridden, drowning in her thoughts suffocating, melting away in her own despair.

Nick said he was coming over to her house after school, she had hoped no one else would be coming. She didn't want to see Chris. She didn't want to see Josh either, all he would talk about was Nick or how much he hated school without her. Or slag off people in his classes, he did that too often to count.

The doorbell rang but Maeve ignored it, she knew it was nick no one else would come all the way to her house. She knew he would just come in eventually, and that he did. He let himself inside and slipped up the stairs into her room. Being punched in the face by the pungent fumes of her bedroom debris. He saw the bowl filled to the top with cigarette butts. He walked over to the window and opened it wide trying to defuse the smell.

"Hey, whats up!" nick asked.

"You let yourself in then" she said rolling her eyes. She wasnt mad, she loved nick but she didnt want to see anyone at this moment in time, well almost anyone.

"Well you werent coming to the door to greet me were you.." he smiled

All she did was laugh and offer him her vape, which he politely declined as he didnt like the flavour.

"So how are y-"

"Please nick i dont want to talk about it right now, enough about me. Whats this about you and Josh?"

"Well.. we are together."

Maeve immediently smiled, "stop your both so cute"

"And we did it"

"WHAT!"

»»——⍟——««

Matt booked an uber to maeves house, he didnt know why but he really wanted to see her.

He missed her.

The Uber dropped him off and he carefully closed the car door, trying not to alert Maeve that someone was here.

She probably doesn't want to see anyone, 'maybe she doesn't want to see anyone' he thought 'maybe I should go back'

Beside all the anxiety building up in his mind, he slowly opened the front door. He already presumed the door would be open and he was right.

He kept his shoes on and slowly walked up her marble stairs and immediently heared two voices. He didnt think chris would come all this way to talk to her.

Matt got closer to her room, and he heard nicks voice. Its weird if he saw matt came to see maeve, he reached the top and stopped to listen.

"Come downstairs ill cook something for you" Nick suggested.

"Haha nick you cant cook shit"

"I would fucking try but never mind since you dont want my amazing cooking skills.."

"Sorry girl, yeah let's go down and make food" Maeve agreed

She still had no energy but seeing Nick was refreshing, she loved Nick he always made her laugh and smile.

Maeve jumped from her bed and walked towards the door.

"Hang on, one sec" Nick said tapping away at his phone, clearly texting Josh.

Maeve looked up from her phone and locked eyes with Matt.

His face flushed red but before he could get a word out he was shushed by her, she put her finger over her lips.

"Yeah Nick I'll meet you downstairs, I'll wait in the kitchen" Maeve said her eye brows raising at Matt as he stood clueless at the top of the stairs.

"Go down dickhead" she whispered

He quietly but quick footsteps travelled down the staircase and into the kitchen.

"Matt, why are you here bro"

"Well.. "

She looked at the stairs before returning her eyes to his

"Well.... " she said impatiently

"I missed you" he said.

»»——⍟——««