◆ eight

matt opened the front door and ran up the stairs to his room. he dropped onto his bed and snuggled under the covers. his mind was racing with things but his main thought was maeve. matt hated having her in his mind.

he was so overwhelmed and tired he could fall asleep. and he did.

2 MONTHS LATER:

matt woke to the birds chirping as usual he hated having his window open, nick would always demand him to keep it open because his farts smell like rotten onion in a bucket droused is spoiled milk thats mouldy and they would stink up the room.

he immediately looked at his phone and unexpectedly saw a message from issy

MATTHEW WAKE UP
10:46

im awake now what is it?

come down there is a situation.

i dont care fuck off its too
early

bitch its literally 1 ..

SHUT UP I DONT CARE

its about maeve and chris i
think hes breaking up with her.

ill be down now

thought so idiot.

matt threw on a tshirt and hurried down the stairs and slidded into the kitchen

matt threw on a tshirt and hurried down the stairs and slidded into the kitchen. maeves head was down on the kitchen table she was shaking slightly, is she crying  he thought.

ava was sitting on the table slowly stroaking her hair. she looked at matt concerned. ava thought that the friend group wouldnt make it through this. her head nodded towards the living room, he understood what she was trying to imply so he followed the noise into the other room

chris was lying on the floor cupping his face in his hands. clearly fixing this situation maturely you could see the tear marks down his face, faded however.

nick said, "look who finally decided to wake up".

"who the fuck are you talking to idiot?" chris asked as his hands slipped and his chin fell to the floor, "OUCH"

"who do you think is here you knob? what the fuck happened?"

"MATT YOUR HERE?" maeve came storming into the other room, she looked terrible. her mascara was running down her neck, she was shaking, she looked like someone drained all life out of her skin. like someone sucked her blood.

"wha-" he turned to see the person shouting his name, he almost jumped back from seeing the angry expression on her face.

"you told him? i trusted you. i hate you!" she screamed angrily.

"wh-"

"matt you knew? are you kidding me? your such a terrible brother what were you thinking keeping that from me i have a right to know."

"w-"

his mind went blank. he had no idea what they were talking about. his mind went to 2 months prior when he found out she smoked but surly that wasnt it. the reason they brake up. chris didnt care if people smoked.

"wait guys i dont think he knows. why does he look so confused?" josh suddenly stood up from sitting cross legged.

"what the fuck are you talking about? she smokes?" matt said raising an eyebrow.

"FUCKING HELL MATT JUST TELL ALL MY SECRETS WHY DON'T YOU!"

"wait what-" ava and issy said in unison as they joined the loud room.

"what happened?" matt asked.

"she cheated on me." chris said as the realisation hit him like a bullet in the chest.

"what."

josh and nick looked at each other with complete confusion in their eyes.

"she did what." matt said. "again you fucking bitch."

"AGAIN? " chris, nick, josh, issy and ava said.

"matt i swear to god. why dont you just shut up ever you always seem to ruin my life." maeve said as she ran out of the room.

she ran out of the house and sat outside on the grass. she pulled out her vape and guiltily used it. she tried to calm her racing heart. she wished she had water right now her throat was hurting.

josh and nick ran out the house after her and sat next to her.

"please explain maeve." nick asked.

"i didnt cheat on him. i didnt." she said, her eyes running more than before. she was tired of crying. she didnt want to anymore she wanted to sleep forever. she wanted to walk alone sleep alone eat alone be alone. forever. she didnt want to explain herself to anyone. no one understood her like she did herself. she couldnt tell anyone how she felt. they wouldnt understand.

»»--⍟--««