Chapter 1: May I Have A Normal Party!

"Hey, stop throwing sticks and stones at me to slow me down!"

Aqua yelled in frustration.

At that moment, I was doing everything in my power to slow down Aqua's pace so that the giant frogs would catch up to her before me.

I grabbed sticks and stones, hurling them in her direction with such expert precision, all of them hit the center of her head.

"For the survival of the fittest! Gender has no say in this!"

I declared, trying to sound tough.

"I don't want to hear any serious and meaningful quotes from a loser like you! Take this!"

Aqua retaliated, hurling rocks and sticks back at me, but she missed all of them in an embarrassing manner and at embarrassing speed.

"What's with your aim? Are you blind in your left eye or something?"

"Not at all! I just have terrible luck when it comes to things like this. Seeing as you landed all those rocks and sticks at me, you must have extremely high luck."

"Oh yeah, sure. I have enough high luck to be sent to this world, become a baby, live on a farmhouse, and now be chased by giant frogs with you though."

"I've had enough of this. This is a battle of wits and resolve. I still have an ace up my sleeve, thankfully."

"Say what?"

"Haste!"

Aqua cast a spell, surrounded by yellow stardust, and her speed increased dramatically to the point it ultimately surpassed mine.

"Aw, you cheating bitch!"

I should've realized sooner that my previous character arc of just slouching around the couch and bed would be my own demise.

I remember when I could actually run back and forth to gather crops and tools for my father for about thirty minutes without any breaks. Now I can't even outrun a little girl.

I also probably lost a little bit of muscle mass that I worked throughout the years of carrying those said heavy tools and crops.

"You snooze, you lose! I'll see you in hell! As if I would ever go there though... Bye, whatever-your-name-is!"

She recognized me but didn't even remember my name! And what did she mean by hell? Could goddesses even go to hell for something like this?

Then I sincerely hoped the government was headed there for what they'd done to my family.

Alright, Kazuma, it's time to make her lose her footing.

I'm not so dumb enough to try to outrun her; she had already proven her superiority in speed and stamina. But I wasn't ready to accept defeat from some girl with an infuriating attitude.

All I needed to do was to throw a rock at her legs, maybe her foot, to make her stumble.

I grabbed a suitable rock, aiming directly at her peroneal nerve, the nerve that controlled the calf.

A strike there would numb her leg to the point of temporary paralysis.

It was a quick fact my father had taught me when examining a horse's leg for injuries.

Thanks, father.

"I'll drop you dead!"

I shouted as I hurled the rock with all my might, hitting my target precisely.

"Ahh!"

Aqua cried out as she fell, tumbling dramatically before landing face-first in the dirt.

"Ahhh, Shut-In-NEET, save me, please! I'm so sorry for leaving you behind! If you save me, I'll also buff you with Haste! Our chances of survival will be greater if we work together!"