Chapter 10: May This Sickness Pass!

Spring.

It was the season when snow melted, and adventurers who had hibernated indoors for the winter would finally venture out once again.

During spring, monsters became more active due to their breeding season. That's how it usually went.

But this spring was different.

"Don't wanna–! No! It's cold outside! Hey, what's wrong with you? Are you two idiots? There's still snow everywhere, so why are you rushing to go out? Are you still children? Are you as eager as little kids who can't wait to play outside? If you really want to, then go by yourselves!"

Spring was also known as the time when people got hot-headed.

Even though it was technically spring, there was still plenty of snow outside of town.

Aqua clung to the couch in front of the fireplace, while Darkness and Megumin made a valiant effort to pry her away.

In response to the two who were eager to take on quests due to the surge in monster activity, Aqua was throwing a tantrum, complaining that "it's still cold" and "I don't want to."

"Who's the kid here? Aqua, you're acting like a child! Come on, let's go! You've lazed around enough during the winter; it's time to get to work! Otherwise..."

"Frogs and other monsters are becoming active outside the town, and I've heard that the farmers are suffering losses. Adventurers have a duty to protect the residents! Hey, Aqua, release your grip now, or else..."

Megumin and Darkness glanced in my direction as they said this.

"You'll end up like him..."

Their voices were in perfect harmony.

Aqua timidly followed their gaze and looked at me.

"Even I don't want to end up like that... But you should take care of that loser before talking about me!"

Aqua made a somewhat rude comment with a complex expression.

"Hey, you girls, even I, who is usually quite gentle, will snap if you keep this up. What's all this talk about being a loser? It's rather impolite, you know?"

"If you've got something to say, then get off that small chair..."

Aqua, still clinging to the couch, replied to my protest.

I swept back the bangs that covered my forehead, releasing a cool exhale before reclining in my new, rather spacious and luxurious chair.

I was feeling particularly cool today.

The weather was bone-chilling, and I had no patience for foolish opinions.

With the 340 million Eris I had earned in rewards, I decided to buy the most extravagant chair I could find, which I then placed in the center of the living room.

But this chair was no ordinary chair. It resembled a throne fit for a king like me, with the added perk of being able to swivel, just like a gaming chair.

It also had a lever that allowed me to transform it into a comfortable bed, complete with the most luxurious mana-infused blanket I could find, ensuring I'd always stay warm.

And hidden under the seat was a small heater, so even my buttocks would never feel the chill.

Whoever designed this throne clearly understood that I was destined to sit on it and become a king.

Now, I was left with only 15 million Eris.

If you're wondering how I managed to spend so much money in such a short time...