Chapter 7: May This Unjust Trial Fall!

There used to be a high-bounty target feared by people all over the world. No one knows who came up with the name, but it's known as the...

Mobile Fortress Destroyer.

Thanks to my brilliant command, we took down that infamous bounty target not too long ago.

 And now, I've come to the Adventurer's Guild to collect the bounty reward for bringing down the Destroyer.

But...

"Adventurer Satou Kazuma! You're under suspicion of committing subversion of the nation! Please come along with us!"

The situation took a strange turn.

"Uh... Can I ask who you are? And, um, what does 'subversion of the nation' even mean? I just came here to get my payout."

I asked the stern-looking woman before me with a hint of trepidation.

The rowdy guild fell into an eerie silence upon hearing the words of the woman accompanied by knights.

"I'm Sena, a prosecutor of the Kingdom. 'Subversion of the nation' refers to committing an act that undermines the authority of the nation. We suspect you might be a terrorist or a minion of the Demon King's army."

Sena, the woman with long brown hair, said, her gaze unyielding.

She had the air of an intelligent beauty, akin to that of a secretary.

Upon hearing Sena's accusation, Aqua chimed in.

"Eh? Hey, Kazuma, what trouble have you caused this time? What crimes did you commit when I wasn't looking? You better apologize right now! I'll apologize alongside you, so make it quick!"

"Are you kidding me? I would never commit such crimes! Besides, we spend most of our time together! You'd definitely know if I did anything!"

As I rebuked Aqua, Megumin interjected:

"Wait a minute, could there be some mistake here? Kazuma may engage in minor infractions, like occasional sexual harassment, but he lacks the audacity to commit a major crime."

"Are you trying to help or provoke me?"

I retorted, and Darkness followed up with her own take:

"Yeah, I don't believe this man would commit such a grave offense. If he had the guts, he'd do more than just ogle at me with creepy eyes when I walk around the house in my skimpy nightgown. He's a loser who wouldn't even dare enter my room, even with consent."

This girl...!

If you want to bring up something like that to try and embarrass me, then I'll give you a taste of your own medicine!"

"N-N-No one is watching you?! Aren't you the one who's also a loser for being tempted to wash my back? Should I tell everyone that even with a sexy body, you're just an inexperienced woman who falls for the 'loser' and his soothing words of temptation?"

My words turned Darkness's face beet red.

"Bastard... Why bring that up here and now...! And just who are you calling 'inexperienced'?! I should be saying that about you!"

"I was being manipulated by a succubus back then, so maybe she added some pickup lines to seduce you, I don't know! And you're the one with the issue, being so docile and scrubbing my back because of the mood! What do you want now? Are you expecting something? How naive and gullible can you be?"

"I-I-I know you still have memories of that...! And as a crusader serving the Goddess Eris, my body is still pure! Calling me gullible and open? I'll kill you!"