Chapter 2: May This Dungeon Grant Me A Useful Cheat Item!

The following morning pretty much unfolded like the previous day.

We all occupied the bar's seats, this time within the tavern, waiting patiently for an easy and profitable quest to show up on the quest board.

It was just me, Aqua, Megumin, and no one else.

We were indulging in an early breakfast before we'd undoubtedly get hungry again.

I had assumed that both girls had excellent manner when it comes to eating in public but I was wrong in all ways.

Both Aqua and Megumin ate with such a huge appetite, like one of those satisfying food eating scenes in an anime, except I was the only one to witness it as if I'm seeing something entirely strange and new.

Everyone else in the guild, including the bartender, didn't seem to care about it at all as if it was a normal thing.

But I guess anyone who was struggling in finance would eat as much and however they want cause it may have been their last meal of their final day.

"Hey, there's something I want to ask the both of you. How do you learn skills? I've only been able to use this rough sword my father gave me, and it seems like it's seen better days a few days ago..."

The sword my father had bestowed upon me was on its last legs, extremely dull and cracked, despite my gentle handling and limited use. I've only used it for frogs, nothing else.

Then again, this sword had served its purpose for far longer than I had existed, and perhaps it was finally nearing its retirement.

I need a new sword, but I want a custom-made weapon, and not one from the regular stock weapon shop.

"Learning skills? That's easy. You just need to check your card and choose one from the 'Learnable skills' column... Oh right, Kazuma's job is Adventurer. In that case, you'll require someone to instruct you in a skill. You must witness the skill in action and request the user to teach you how to wield it. Once done, it will appear in the learnable column, allowing you to invest skill points for proficiency."

Megumin responded to my question, with food still in her mouth.

"Swallow before you speak next time."

Nevertheless, I recalled the counter lady mentioning that the basic-tier Adventurer job was versatile in its ability to learn various skills.

"So, if Megumin teaches me, could I learn Explosion magic?"

I inadvertently muttered this thought aloud.

"Yeah, precisely!"

"Whoa!"

Megumin's ears picked up my quiet muttering, akin to a cat detecting a snapping twig amidst the heavy footfalls of a massive predator.

"That's right, Kazuma! The skill points required would be astronomically high, but besides Archwizards, Adventurers are the only job capable of mastering Explosion. I can instruct you if you're willing. After all, are there any other skills worth learning besides Explosion? Of course not! Come, let us embark on the path of Explosion together!"

Except she'd be the type of cat to walk into danger and get killed by said predator...

Also her face was too close!

Dammit, girl! I don't need any more rumors circulating about me being a lolicon, especially after the ridicule she subjected me to yesterday.

I'd lose my popularity with the girls if those three girls from yesterday were to spread out rumors.